Conflicting info regard LT chests

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
jamineal

Conflicting info regard LT chests

Post by jamineal »

So I'm a little puzzled. I was running the superchests and not getting much from it (on hell). I got some MF gear just to try it out and now almost every chest is rare, set, or unique. I was under the impression that MF would not affect chests. Does it? Did I just have some weird luck? Also, does player count affect chest drops at all? I know killing the chests will be harder.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Someone might very well step in and correct me here, but as far as I know we don't actually know what effect MF% has on chests. It's one of the more mystical subroutines that's still locked in the code we don't have access to. All we do know is that it definitely doesn't have as much effect on chests as it does on monster drops.
We do, however, know for a fact that $PlayerX has no effect whatsoever on chest drops.

Personally, I'd chalk it up to weird luck. Runs of particularly good or bad luck are just a part of RNG, that's just the nature of RNG. It wouldn't be truly random if you didn't sometimes hit the bonanza.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

My impression is that mf does have an impact on lt chest drops, but it is subjective.
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

i dont have any mf find, but i find sometimes rly nice stuff an the chest runs. i think its subjectiv and its all about luck :)
The Place of this Sanctuary has been fault
Kirase

Post by Kirase »

If you find yourself in actual need to farm these chests than the most efficient way probably is to skip all fights and simply teleport through the map.

Never forget to drop a golem first. It may die, you wont.
Faster cast rate should not be necessary as long as you keep using the golem as meat shield.

You can stack all MF% you can get your hands on this way.
No need for any other equipment.
sergio_cannabis

golem is not needed @kirase
Kirase

Post by Kirase »

Well yes maybe its just me.
For whatever reason my rogue got hit during teleporting maybe like once every tenth run.
Using a golem solved that problem completely for me.
sergio_cannabis

I am only talking about mage. his cast speed is fast enough that the enemies shouldnt bother you. it is another thing with the rogue. i wouldnt do those runs with the rogue. overall she teles much slower and therefore needs more time for each run.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

As predicted, I have discovered from a reputable source that MF% does, in fact, have an influence on chests.

As for the Golem debate, I always summon Lumpy anyway just because, you know, it's a long walk all the way to that cave and it's not like the Teleports eat up all of your mana. That one time you misclick and shit hits the fan makes the small pauses each time worth it.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

In my experience:
1-Yes, MF does affect chest drops. I don't have the figures because it was a long time ago, but I did HOURS of experiment with 0%, 50%, 100%, 150%, 200%, 250%, 300% and 350% MF, and the difference is just undeniable. If anyone wanna try to experiment, just run 200 runs with 0% and 200 runs with 300%+. Take note of the set and legendaries in each case. The difference is absolutely gigantic.

2-If you are skilled enough with the mouse, creating the Golem every time DOES NOT compensate for the time of dying once every 10 runs... and, in fact, you shouldn't even die every 10 runs. Imo, save time: do not create the golem every time and just be fine with dying once or twice every 30 runs or so. I could easily do over 50 runs without dying a single time... so...
qndel
Global Mod

Post by qndel »

"As predicted, I have discovered from a reputable source that MF% does, in fact, have an influence on chests."

- I don't know anything about belzebub, I said it about tchernobog :P