Warrior full inventory sound

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Uhtred

Warrior full inventory sound

Post by Uhtred »

Hi guys.

Is it possible to add or to change the warrior speech when he tries to grab some item and has full inventory? I remember he used to say something like "I've got too much bagage" "I must drop some of the stuff" or something like it and I miss those speeches, hehe
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Ha, me too. "I gotta pawn some of this stuff" is a classic.
There's no easy find-and-replace mechanism you can use to switch the audio track out, no; none of the third-party software I found works with the MPQ format... and even if they did I'd question it's efficacy with a game this old. Your best bet is to just leave it as a suggestion for the mods working on the Tchernobog beta, who actually have access to the source code and hopefully will get around to it.

Welcome to the forums!
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Uhtred

Post by Uhtred »

Thanks a lot, Wendigo!

Indeed it's a classic. I tried to push an item several times waiting to hear it hehe
For sure I will leave such suggestion to the mod people
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

With a bit of tinkering, you can modify the sound files in the MPQ. I have done that to turn off "Not enough Mana" on Rogue.

With MPQ editor, you can probably swap the sound files around.

Make a backup first.

Suggestions should all go toward Tchernobog since Belzebub is essentially complete as a part of the mod and has done it's job.
Uhtred

Post by Uhtred »

Hey.

I have found the file at the "diabdat.MPQ" using this program as u suggested, MPQ Editor.

The sound of "too much baggage" and "i gotta pawn some of this stuff" are the archives 306 and 307, respectively.

Now i must find how to save those files and extract to wherever i should to add this sound. Any idea where to?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Maybe just swap the file names.
Juggernought

Post by Juggernought »

Man, if you operate with "file number 306" then you have wery much patience and do not have a list file for mpq. The 1rst version of MPQ archive has the folder structure, where every file can be extracted if you know its filename. Any game used mpq archive had extraction procedure, where input was file name, and it finds and decrypts packed file. Later somebody found glitches in encryption aalgoritm so any file can be extracted withour knowing its name. So you must find the list file containing all filenames/folder structure for easy using mpq editor. Then you can replace /mofify any sound/graphics file. Look in this post:
http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/how-to-chan ... t2190.html
Uhtred

Post by Uhtred »

Hey guys. I've finally succeed after ur help. Just downloaded those programs, open that diablo file list and found the warrior folder at sfx. Then I renamed the new speeches to the older ones, replacing them. Thanks a lot!