Mana leech

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Rakragul

Mana leech

Post by Rakragul »

Hello guys, i'm playing a while Belzebub and i want to say something very obvious, it's really cool, thanks for making this mod, it brought me some great memories of my childhood :D

Now to the case, how exactly mana leeching is working?
I have 6%ML, every arrow hits for at least 110 points, it means i should get every time 6 mana, but i dont. Sometimes is just 3, sometimes 4, never 6.

thanks in advance!
peace!
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Life/Mana leech only count the weapon from your weapon itself. If you have a belt/ring/other piece of equipment that's causing some amount of damage, or if some of that damage is coming from elemental damage (fire, cold, etc.) the leeching won't count that part.
Welcome to the forums!
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Rakragul

Post by Rakragul »

Thanks for reply.
I believe that extra damage like magic/fire/lighting are displayed as separate damage? If not, why very often i got big(over 100) and small ( less than 10) numbers?
https://youtu.be/Cp5uE5aV350
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Yup, exactly. Then that bigger number is what's feeding back into the leech. Next time if you open the Attack tab on your Char folder-thingy, or show off your equipment I'd be able to give a more in-depth analysis. Although it'll always be a bit imperfect.

Kudos on the system btw. I had to watch the video a few times because I got blown away by the stack of numbers in the upper left. :)
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Uhtred

Post by Uhtred »

I really don't understand why the developer didn't want elementals to leech life or mana. Those damages are almost useless anyway due to high resistances from enemies. Kinda imbalanced imo. Just take a look at "The Vortex" weapon. Such a badass flail with 3 heads. Nevertheless it is useless by the time u have it, no plus to chance to hit, no elemental penetration and, of course, no leech at all
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Much of the balance on elemental damage items could be mitigated in mid levels with items that "reduce xxx defenses". There are very few of these items in the game though. Band of Elements ring may help, but only gives a few % of reduction. May be some unique items that help as well. As far as I know, reduce % resist does not spawn on elemental crafting.

I will do some checking.

I plan to craft sets of various elemental items and try to put together useful equipment pairings.

As far as Torment goes, only ITD is useful. It would be nice if there were rings, amulets, helm, armor, shield, belt that would provide ITD. This would make many of the unique and rare weapons and sets useful in Torment.

Torment is where the game really gets going. Everything inbetween Normal and torment is just practice grinding.
Uhtred

Post by Uhtred »

The elementals are only useful at Nightmare at max.

In high HELL the enemies are over than 100% resistant. On dlvl 13 torment, i can´t damage anyone with chain lighting with a staff -30% lighting resistance, which means they are even over than 130% immunity.

In that case, weapons which cause elementals damage can only be actually used at nightmare. That being said, any rare item which reduces elemental damage have no use to weapons like vortex, chernobog claw or whatever.
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

Well whats with this setup for torment difficulty sorc

Weapon : MIGHT OF ZAKARUM
Shield: DRAGON'S BREACH

The Weapon has ITD and good stats, the shield too.

Anyone played with this setup? It could be the solution for torment sorc playing.
The Place of this Sanctuary has been fault
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

torment sorc mostly plays with chain lightning/bone spirit/meteor swarm/apocalypse and seldom blizzard.

like this i haven't got any problems with my sorc, provided you have high level -20-30 reduced enemy resistance staves and +skill levels overall (especially meteor swarm).