Strategy help

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Wendigo

Strategy help

Post by Wendigo »

Hi!
So long story short I want to get a character who is clvl 7 or less to read the Guardian book in the Chamber of Bone (on dlvl 6) quest to see what happens. The idea is I think there's going to be some really funny sequence breaks when a character who cannot yet have Guardian gets it. I have failed twice.

My first thought was to take a Necro with AC-boosting gear and just tank the hits and walk there. That was an utter failure: I died multiple times just trying to sneak past the opening bunch of blue skeletons. I did manage to open the room packed with blue skellies but they don't flood out nearly quickly enough, considering the whole time you've got to also be dodging so many others.

My second experiment was to use Phasing to get into the book room and avoid the fight, so I built an Assassin with the Batskin Cape to make as fast a character as possible and just ran for it. That one was much more successful and after about 20 attempts I phased into the room twice, only to be killed immediately by the boss and his horned demon minions all charging me at once.

Main problems seem to be:
- You pretty much can't kill anything in the Chamber itself since by that point you'll start getting too much experience and pass level 7. This is assuming you're at level 6 or so to have Phasing. I may be wrong in this assumption but my Necro passed the level cap just from misclick kills/ clearing random skellies after his second attempt.
- You HAVE to pull both levers in the side-hallways, otherwise the main room won't spawn.
- You're level 7 or below so most of the equipment/spells that would make this trivial are off the table.

Any ideas/brainstorms?
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Hi, Wendigo!!!!!!!!!! =D Always nice to see a post from you! (And I still haven't replied your e-mail, i know, I really just don't have anything to say since I stopped playing again)

Well, first thing that comes to my mind is... why not do this in Tchernobog? A stronger char can clear the way, then a weak one can just go and read the book. I guess the weak one would have to have created the game, so he has the quest? But I'm not sure if it works, 'cause I have never played Tchernobog myself. Not alone, not with anyone in multiplayer.

If you think this can be a way of doing it, I would be willing to help! Let me know! =)
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Oh, one quick thing:
One thing about quests that I know is "bugged" is that when you start a new character, and rush to kill Diablo in Normal to get asap to the next difficulty levels... the "Slain Hero" will not be clickable. You find him at level 9, you slide the mouse over and read "Slain Hero", but when you click nothing happens. You just keep seeing the "Slain Hero" name and the line around the body indicating it is "clickable", but nothing happens.
Now, I don't know which uncompleted quest blocks the Slain Hero to be clicked. But once I returned and did all the quests, I could click him just fine.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Hey man! Don't worry about it, life changes.
I'd like to avoid Tchernobog if possible. The reason I want to do this so bad is because I'm hoping it creates a special exception clause in the char file, which would theoretically be of great help in fixing some of the more flagrant glitches in the game... or if I never get permission to post them at least in my game, bwa ha ha. The char file works differently in Tchernobog though so I'm not sure if it'd be any good to have.
Still that is a great idea.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1