Heartseeker

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Ruinz

Heartseeker

Post by Ruinz »

Does anyone know if it can actually be found from Hell LT runs?

I just found a Set Ward Bow (Aldur's) but no idea the iLvl for this item

Can anyone confirm?
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

I know it doesn't answer your question, but the only thing I can confirm is that I found it in Torment LT runs.
But, anyhow, if it helps, what I did was: my Sorcerer was too weak to fight in Torment after beating Hell. So I just teleported like crazy all the way down until I got to the LT quest in Torment. Never killed a single mosnter. Died a whole bunch of times.
But, after that, the LT runs in Torment gave me everything I needed. =)
Last edited by SkyrosX2 on 06 Feb, 2019 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
Ruinz

Post by Ruinz »

Thx for the reply!

Yeah I am lv43 Sorcerer, my plan was to complete hell and do the same, but I am struggling to get Diablo completed. I run out of time way before I could spawn Diablo.

I'll just have to keep trying and forget hell LT for now, did around 50 runs and items were not the highest level. Other than a Vmagi which will help a bit for sure.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

I think Hell Diablo is where a lot of sorcerer players just give up their pride and start doing the hallway-infravision-teleport trick to take him down whether or not the time limit has passed. He's just such an obvious speed bump between you and the end game (and the mini-bosses eat up so much friggin' time just to get to him) that it's no shame if you just want to get him over and done with... although if you are the kind of noble soul that doesn't want to have that much cheese in your game I don't think most people would blame you either.
I... am not that noble of a soul.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Ruinz

Post by Ruinz »

LOL greatest response ever. Cheers,
KJYKJY1985

Post by KJYKJY1985 »

I think Hell Diablo is where a lot of sorcerer players just give up their pride and start doing the hallway-infravision-teleport trick to take him down whether or not the time limit has passed.
Could you elaborate? I'd like to know how this works in case I hit this roadblock myself. Thanks in advance.
hldemi

Post by hldemi »

No !!! This bow can definitely NOT be found in hell on treasure map. No way. I wasted so much time until I found that out.

On the sidenote, you might be able to get it on hell if you run the game in windows compatibility mode.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Sure. I think most people discover it just through normal play, or at least some variation of it at least.

1. Before facing Diablo, read an infravision scroll. (You also may want to leave a few backpacks full of mana potions and a few more scrolls on the ground in the room with the crucified skeletons. It's a long fight.)
2. Activate Dibs and get him below 50% when he blows up the pillars in his room and his minions (again). He will stop summoning at this point and gain additional resistances.
3. Teleport to the stairwell hallway and cast as many Bone Spirits as possible while you wait for him to chase you. (Guardian works better if it's a high enough level to deal decent damage to him.) Try to hide behind one of the slim walls in the hallway so he can't get line of sight.
4. When he gets too close teleport back to the room and wait for him to start walking down to the room's entrance. Your Bone Spirits/Guardians will continue to peck away at him.
5. Repeat. If you do it just right you'll catch him in a wandering loop but even without that you can kill Roided Out Dibs without him ever making another attack against you.

It does take forever (10+ minutes), it can get stressful maintaining the loop, and the cheese factor is off the charts, so usually people like to do the battle the old fashioned way. Like I said though Hell difficulty is really rough on sorcerers and those mini-bosses take forever, so sometimes it's the best option if you're just trying to move on.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1