What is the best euiqments for each class?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Ikamusume

What is the best euiqments for each class?

Post by Ikamusume »

I know HS is best weapon for rogue
But thats all i know...
Please share your experience and knowledge ~~♡
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

On Sorc you want items that reduce enemy's resistances for spells of your choice and give levels to spells of your choice. That would be uniques and self-crafted rares mostly.
On attack classes you want to have unique weapon with "Ignore Target's Defence" property, have life and mana leech somewhere.
Having freeze immunity on melee classes is a must have, wouldn't recommend skipping on that.
Aside from -res for mage and ITD weapon for attackers you can be pretty flexible with your stuff. Juggle your items to have as much DPS while having resistances maxed out.
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Ikamusume

Post by Ikamusume »

Thanks.i still have a few questions.

1 Torment monsters has all immunity
and high hp ...
How much -res do i need?

2 do i need fast hit recovery?
The moment I get hit by monster, I die.
I can't escape lol

I'm just LT running now ...
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Torment is very difficult for sorcerers, yeah.
1. You want as much -res as possible. There will still be bosses/champion packs that you won't be able to hit with elemental magic no matter how much you have, but the -res is still important for taking out their minions. It is usually recommended that you just avoid those bosses/packs if possible, as nothing they give you will be worth the 5+ minutes it will take for your Golem to punch them to death.
Here's a... very long video about end-game Sorcerer tactics that's useful, although the robotic voice gets a bit annoying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cES9tPr4EM

2. You can usually skip hit recovery, yeah. It's still good because especially with a Sorcerer those stun locks are run-killers, but you really don't have a choice. There's just so much else you want to be pumping, stuff that's going to keep you from getting hit in the first place.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Always go for as much -res as you can, it will give you more DPS than +level to spell or spell power against immune or resistant enemies.
Hit recovery is very important for melee classes. It lets you live in surroundings.
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Ikamusume

Post by Ikamusume »

Thanks miacis and wendigo!
@wendigo
Lol i saw youtube.
That video makes me hate playing sorc
SyncroScales

Post by SyncroScales »

What do you do when a sorcerer or other character cannot use any spells or magic against an enemy? The staff is a bad idea because even high Dex and Vit only allow one or two extra hits before you die.

E.G.: The Anvil of Fury quest, the Smith is almost unstoppable and too fast. A bow and arrow had to be used because no level 1,2,3 or 4 spells worked. Freeze was ok, but did not seem to affect his health. This also happened with a mini-boss charging demon in Caves Level 9.

Thanks.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

With every difficulty, monster resistances will increase and bosses/champions will be more likely to be immune to one or even all types of elemental magic. Progress for Sorcs will slow dramatically as they try to progress, which is the trade-off they make for their quick progression in the earlier levels. It becomes a series of puzzles, testing each boss to see what will have any effect whatsoever, all while teleporting away like mad to avoid getting killed. Some you will have to resort to just casting Golem as often as necessary and letting Lumpy beat them to death slowly with their meaty, meaty fists.
Note that Bone Spirit will always do some amount of physical damage, so it is usually the go-to backup strat.

As for the Smith himself, you can avoid him entirely by using Telekinesis grab the anvil without ever triggering him. If you choose to not have that level of cheese, you should be prepared to teleport away as soon as he is triggered (or if you do not have Teleport summon a Golem directly in front of him), and then rain death on him from a distance, fleeing more as necessary. Consider him practice for later when you meet his big brother the Armorer in the Shadowfang quest, who is just as fast and scary but spits poison too.
SyncroScales

Post by SyncroScales »

Thank you for the reply Wendigo.

I do not have teleport, I have phasing and it is difficult to aim or control it or if you look in a certain direction and click the mouse in that direction, sometimes you go there. But it is easy to get stuck in a corner and not be able to cast fast enough.

Using a rogue and phasing helped with the Smith, the Armourer and the demon boss in the corner of that same map, but it wasn't easy. Sometimes the phasing puts the character on an island or across some water/lava and the bosses/champion doesn't move very much. The wizard is different and I am concerned about running out of vitality and mana. How about the Necromancer?

I have tried using a golem with the Horazon's quest. The golem was destroyed by regular monsters in about one hit. The Guardian does not always work against bosses/champions or they try to destroy it.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Yes, I'm not a fan of Phasing. I remember playing Diablo 1 back in the day and you could get stuck and lock up the game with it, lol. It is definitely not a replacement for Teleport, although I know the world speed run record of Diablo 1 uses it extensively and just kind of hopes it does what it needs to when it needs to.
You should start finding Teleport scrolls around level 22, which for me ends up being conveniently around the same time you get to the Lost Treasure quest where it's easy to farm for rare books. Until then, as I said, leaning on your Golem and walking around like a dirty muggle is your best hope.

With the sorcerer, are you making sure to have Mana Shield up at all times? You just mentioned about running out of HP and generally for a sorcerer that's only an issue once you've run out of mana pots.

Generally I try to run Necromancers in Normal as bad sorcerers and try to form my skeleton horde into a blocking wall whenever possible, and just gear as heavily as I can into MAG while level stating their VIT. You can easily take a more proactive roll with them though as they can tank quite well, I'm just paranoid. Here's something I wrote a while ago about it:
http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/necro-strategy-t2114.html

Lumpy will get tougher and do more damage based on 1) the spell level you have it at and B) your MAG stat. If you've found he's just too weak I would recommend grinding until he's more stable, since he will be a constant and useful companion throughout the game. I honestly cannot imagine how you'll kill Diablo without having him there to take his hits for you.
SyncroScales

Post by SyncroScales »

Thanks for the info.

I did finally get mana shield and it is useful a lot. Can you only cast one Golem? I watched some videos online but I cannot remember if the Golem army was a different game or MOD. I havn't been using the Sorcerer recently to try it.

Can the skeletons be controlled or directed to do something? It seems that they just find an enemy and attack or are nearby when you teleport, phase or enter a level.

When someone passes Diablo 1 or the HD MOD and you can keep the soul stone instead of right-clicking it, do you get the ending? Your character has them in the picture when you load a game. It seems the quest is complete and I am unsure if you can pick up all of the dropped items. I was reading that the game ends and that's it.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

In this mod, you can only have one Lumpy at a time. Casting Golem again will re-summon another.
Skeletons are totally controlled by the computer. About the only say you have in their actions is if you stand next to one he'll move; they will follow you in a generalized pattern and attack nearby enemies, but honestly their complete algorithm is beyond me. It's more of a general feel for their movement patterns than anything concrete.

I honestly have no idea about your last question. I do believe you can proceed to the next difficulty without clicking Leoric's kid's body but I have never tried. Hopefully someone else will know.
D1sfigur3d

Re:

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Wendigo wrote: 10 Feb, 2019 6:16

I honestly have no idea about your last question. I do believe you can proceed to the next difficulty without clicking Leoric's kid's body but I have never tried. Hopefully someone else will know.
U will proceed to the next difficulty once Diablo is defeated. Right-clicking on the soul stone and even collecting it from the prince Albrecht wicked body is not compulsory