Save data problem

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
alecrd92

Save data problem

Post by alecrd92 »

Hello guys, i just installed diablo1 with hd mod + language ITA, but if i run that, the game doesn't save, while if i run the .exe hd original work correctly...
Can anyone help me pls?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

So to clarify, if you double-click the "Diablo" icon the original game boots up and saves fine, but if you double-click "Belzebub" it runs but won't save?

If you are in Windows, right-click the Belzebub icon, make sure it is running as administrator, and then run a compatibility check and run it with whatever the program suggests. Make sure the game is in "read/write mode."
If you are not in Windows, please tell us your OS.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
alecrd92

Post by alecrd92 »

Yeah! I tried your suggestions and work perfectly now.
Thank you very much :)
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

And Wendigo saves the day again!!! =D
Vtrn

Vtrn

Post by Vtrn »

i did everything what you said and instaled again but only character save, the progress don't save
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

@Vtrn

In this mode the "progress" is not saved. There is nothing wrong with your installation, it is working as it is suppose to.
The waypoints are saved; the quests you completed are saved; the character is saved. But the maps and monsters are always reseted everytime you start a new game. The reason for this is so you can play as much as you want forever. If the maps were saved and the monsters would not return, you would not be able to play anymore after you beat the last difficulty. It wouldn't even be possible to level your character up to the max level, because there would be no mosnters to kill. You wouldn't be able to farm for better items either. =)