Guidance on leveling up

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
SkyrosX2

Guidance on leveling up

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Is there any guide with tips on how to level up? Best places, "$player x" suggestion, strategies to go fast?
I searched a lot in the forum threads, but only found scattered opinions. Is there any proper guide to look at?

Thanks in advance!!! =)
SkyrosX2

My Char

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Oh, btw, this is my current char.Image
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Sadly no. I've been looking into writing one, but the problem is that the best advice to get through the game is pretty obvious, just common sense rules, grinding, and a heavy dose of player options based on your gear luck and play style.

For example, the $player x thing: you'll get the most experience from going back a difficulty and grinding level 16/Terror Domain, raising the $player by degrees to maximize XP drops. However, the general consensus is that this is just a rubber band, you're spending time grinding the same levels you've already beaten instead of getting anywhere new and exciting, so you might as well keep plugging away on the default and learn new strategies. If you're truly stuck or that sounds like more fun to you, then go ahead and use it, but it isn't a big deal either way. The goal is always going to be to grind through your problems.

My personal suggestion is you might try starting a new character and diversifying. Things get really, really tough for sorcerers at around your level (those damn all-immune packs, amirite?) so having a back up to play and grind loot with when you get frustrated isn't so bad.

Now if you could do me a minor favor? I get really, really embarrassed when I have so many posts with my name taking up the main page, I feel like I'm monopolizing, so if you or anybody could post real quick so it doesn't look so much like I'm dominating the forums, I'd be very thankful.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Push forward to beating Hell Diablo and moving on to Torment as quickly as you can.
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Thanks for the replies! =)
NegPulse

Post by NegPulse »

I cant answer for sorceror as I stopped mine in Nightmare mode due to what Wendigo said.

But my rogue does torment on plevel 3 at a pretty steady clip, the sheer amount of mobs involved in hell and terror domain means you lvl pretty steadily with multiple runs. Btw my rogue is not optimized so her dps is not what it could be, no max golum, I spent stat points in vit, magic, str, you name it.