Seriously WTF. Items are now disappearing

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Rergen

Seriously WTF. Items are now disappearing

Post by Rergen »

Ok. I'm just going to quit playing Belzebub now because of this stupid mistake that I made, but I thought I'd make it clear to everyone. DO NOT EVER, EVER SET YOUR CLIENT TO READ ONLY. It will screw up your character, delete your gold, items, and set back your progress. This is some backwards crap that some other person on the forum had said was a trick to do unlimited gambling, and it was either "fixed" or is completely side winded, as there is a MAJOR penalty. It was fun while it lasted.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

You should frequently make a backup of your characters.
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Just give it sometime to overcome the grief, and get back to playing. It's a great game/mod. We all experience different set backs every now and then.

The other day I was JUST ABOUT to kill Diablo with my Rogue in Hell Difficulty (it was a struggle beause I was rushing to get this character to Torment), and then I was holding Alt for seeing some potions on the ground and I pressed F4 to change my skill to Teleport to get near the potions and grab them. THEN THE GAME QUIT, OBVIOUSLY, Because of Windows command "Alt+F4", LOL
Took me over another hour to manage to kill Diablo.