Best place to find bow of the dead / heartseeker?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Hassadar

Best place to find bow of the dead / heartseeker?

Post by Hassadar »

Hey there,

Topic says it all, anyone got experience where to find those or remember where they found em?

Thanks!
tanis83

Post by tanis83 »

I think there's no fix answer to that question. I'm also in desperate need of a better bow (even tough I use Magewrath, a qlvl45 thingie) as it's quite a challenge to beat Diablo in the terror domain (clvl 39). Not to mention that stupid knight with his teleport skill on the same level.

BTW, I found Magewrath totally randomly, so I suppose the same holds true for all the bows. I'm really curious about Heartseeker. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

Well in the original Diablo there was a formula how to determine the best level to look for an item given the qlvl. I don't remember it and I also don't know if it would apply to the mod, but I'm curious if there is a similar method for the mod. Furthermore, I doubt that a qlvl 70 item can drop in level 1 normal so im certain there must be a way to determine the best spot for a given qlvl, or at least a way to determine from what level/difficulty on it can drop.
tanis83

Post by tanis83 »

I totally agree with you, but I guess there are only very few ppl who know such details. In the meantime, I'll try to progress further and let you know if & when I find the HS (with all the details, like difficulty lvl, clvl, dungeon lvl, $player lvl etc.). I'll ask you to do the same, so that we can all benefit from that knowledge.
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

Sure thing, I'm trying to keep an eye on when and where I find something, but so far I haven't found anything of significance
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Just clear levels that you are comfortable with at the highest level of difficulty that you can run. Use some Magic Find items. Kill everything, take all loot, melt down all useless enchanted items for crafting, build up your gold to the millions and then gamble it away when you get to Torment.

Drops are random and never set to any certain place. Bosses and so on drop at a higher level, but not always.
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

So your saying I can find a qlvl 60 item hell difficulty?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Qlvl items, no.

Items are random and not specific to areas.

The higher the difficulty, higher the $PLAYER x level, higher the dungeon level, whether you are in special quest areas, and character Magic Find affects the quality of the items found.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

also keep in mind that $PLAYER command only affects items dropped by monsters - so no easy LT chests with that
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

But that's exactly what I mean, I know there is no are for bows and swords and whatnot. But heartseeker has a certain qlvl so it won't drop in lvl3 normal difficulty. But where can it drop? Like lvl12 hell difficulty and above or lvl3 torment difficulty and above? What lvl3 does my chat need to have at least to find it? Those things I wanna know, there must be a way to calculate/determine. Like I wanna have occulus with my mage, it's qlvl 53 (???). So my char must be at least lvl what? It starts to be dropable at what lvl in which difficulty?
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

Just clarify: an item that has a certain qlvl can not drop in any floor on any difficulty. So given a certain qlvl, how do I determine what lvl my character needs to be and what floor in which difficulty that item starts to possibly drop?
hldemi

Post by hldemi »

I got mine in torment treasure map chest after doing it for around 5 hours with MF around 300%. You can gamble it supposedly in hell if you are over lvl 38. But if you can kill hell diablo without it, its easy to teleport to treasure map level in torment and get it there easily. Basically killing diablo on hell difficulty = easy heartseeker
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

i found mine one week ago and i am pretty happy as it is nearly best rolled.
I found mine on Tchernobug version and this was in forest edge on torment difficulty.
< Experienced Tchernobog player >
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

Well, that's a start and good to know. The for that.
But there still must be a way to calculate when a certain qlvl starts to possibly drop. Would be very useful and nice to know
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

u can get it until nightmare in hell terror domain up to every area on torment and hell from caves up to hell. i would prefer to farm it as its easier to farm as u are probably new in the game on hell/hell
< Experienced Tchernobog player >