Best place to find bow of the dead / heartseeker?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

And how do u know that? It's nice to know for one item but I wanna be able to know from what point on in the game a certain qlvl starts to possibly
drop
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

You cant analyse "where X(gear name) start drops" due to following reason.

- machanism of drop system(qlvl and mlvl relations) is similar to diablo2.
- mlvl and alvl in this mod arent open (not published)

so we can guess only mlvl from loots.
example...

1.if one enemy drops The Vortex (qlvl54), that enemy's mlvl is over 54 at least.
 (because that enemy doesnt drop The Vortex if mlvl is lower than 54)

2.you should kill that enemies (and enemies in deeper areas) if you want Heartseeker (qlv50)
 (because that enemy has possibility to drop gears lower than qlvl54)

what Raz0r said is in his experiences, and i think too.
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

Ah thanks, that helps a lot. I was going crazy over this. Thanks very much.
Did anyone ever made a documentation on this?
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

I finally found heartseeker. Thought I share where I found it, level 8 Catacombs on hell difficulty.
Also I finally beat Diablo on hell with my sorc, and got TH available. So I wondered what qlvl / set items u guys found in TH on torment?
Would be nice to know so I know what I can and can't find there.

Cheers
tanis83

Post by tanis83 »

Thanks for sharing where you found it @Hassadar. Could you provide us more details, like your clvl, magic find %, monster type etc.? Even the smallest bits of information might prove useful. :)

And btw, how do you like your new bow? Did it meet your expectations?
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

My clvl was 44, it was a simple skeleton archer and magic find was just around 100. Guess I was really lucky. I found it with my mage and my Rouge can't use it yet (HS needs lvl 39 and Rouge is 34). But I also have an warrior who can use it and boy my warrior slices through monsters with it so I imagine Rouge will be superb with it.
LethalLag

Post by LethalLag »

Is this normal, or am I just unlucky?

https://imgur.com/a/kL79q

All bows found from either Torment TH or Torment Lazurus. Should I be trying Hell/Hell or Hell/TH instead?
Applecrack

Post by Applecrack »

I just check what the Qlvls are for other items that drop in the area and farm there if its easier since I can slap on more mf.
Gives me a general idea of what can drop what
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

In general it's best to farm where that desired item starts to drop (takes out higher qlvls from drop table). U still need to know where that spot is as exact as possible. As I wrote, I find mine lvl 8 catacombs on hell difficulty. Don't think can obtain it in TH hell. Just farm catacombs and caves in hell difficulty and put as much mf on as you are able to comfortably farm.
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

I found 3 HeartSeekers while doing hundreds of LT (Lost Treasure) runs (which is not a lot, just a few hours of gameplay) in Torment difficulty.