- Sorcerer is probably one of the easiest character to get a hands on for new players. Not much difficulty beating normal/nightmare levels. Sorcerer isn’t too much dependent on gear either (until late game). Add most points in MAG, with a bit of STR enough to wear needed gears, no points should be allocated to DEX or VIT.
- However, towards the end of hell difficulty, I find it hard to kill enemies since most developed magic resistances. Therefore the role of Sorc is to farm gears for other characters. Once I get to Torment levels, I use Teleport to fast forward to level 13 in order to unlock Lost Treasure quest. From there it’s all about farming the chests.
- Our expectation of Sorc is not for him to beat Torment. As long as a Sorc made it to Torment, it’s enough for his role.
1. Early game try to put on gears that add HP, since most of our points go to MAG. Once you are level 16, with mana shield you can get rid of healing potions. It’s best to leave 10-15 distributable points available in case some gear requires a certain STR.
2. “Lightning” Spell is important. Better to level it up. You will find it able to one-shot most monsters. Also learn Teleport when you are level > 25
3. DO NOT complete “Chamber of bone” at level 6 and “Horazon’s sanctum” at level 8 for now. Those are quests that levels up your Guardian and Golem spell respectively. Learn the spells through books and come back for those quests in later stages.
4. There’re 5 quests you should complete. Basically quests that award you with attribute points.
a) The infestation of worms. Need to reach level 5. Get +5 points once complete
b) Black mushroom. Need to reach level 9. Get +3 points to all attributes
c) The anvil of fury. Need to reach level 10. Crafting prerequisite
d) The island of sunless sea. Need to reach level 12. Step on stones in the order of South, North, East, West to open the secret tunnel. Get +5 points
e) Lost treasure. Need to reach level 13. Get +3 points to all attributes
5. Facing Diablo, I killed him using Lightning spell. Easy task.
6. I was around level 28 when beating normal.
1. Focus on learning Chain Lightning, Meteor Cluster, Apocalypse, and Blizzard. And of course, level up your Golem and Guardian spell
2. Skip quest at level 6 and 8. Finish the 5 quests same as above.
3. Beat Diablo using a combination of Chain Lightning and Guardian/Teleport. Better cast Elemental Drain to lower his resistances first. Summoning a Golem for distraction also helps.
4. I cleared nightmare with level 35 ish
1. Need to pick items that reduces target resistances. Throw away gears with resistance reduction of 10% or less. Better to get 18%-20% resistance reduction. REMEMBER: reducing target resistances is always more important than increasing spell level.
2. Temporal slowdown (level 32 ability) can be used together with elemental drain, making enemies much vulnerable
3. I found it hard to kill monsters after level 10, so I just skipped through mini-bosses. My level of Golem and Guardian was around 11 before I went back to finish chamber of bone and horizon sanctum.
4. In the Terror domain, I used temporal slowdown with elemental drain before I cast chain lightning or apocalypse like crazy. Such strategy helped me kill the 3 mini-bosses before Diablo
5. As for Diablo, I wore the Celestial Axe that reduces target magic resistance by 20%. Use temporal slowdown + elemental drain before teleporting to Diablo and spam bone spirit. This should give you > 8000 damage per hit. Repeat this until his life is low. From there you can kill him with Guardian etc.
6. Cleared hell difficulty at level 42
1. Teleport to level 13 and go back to Tristram to unlock Lost Treasure. Farm the 3 chests inside, up until you find Heartseeker and other high-end gears. Magic find doesn’t matter with chest drops so don’t bother with that
2. Heartseeker can ONLY be found in Torment LT, so don’t waste time doing Hell level LT runs. I also discovered when I reach level 46, it began to drop better gears. So better to reach level 46 to increase your chances
3. I also tried gambling, spent around 40 million gambling only ward bows but didn’t get Heartseeker at all (not even Magewrath). Not worth the time
4. Finally found Heartseeker after like 200 LT runs, together with other useful gears such as Glory Ward, Blade of Five Suns etc.
5. Well done Sorc! Now we are ready to start playing other characters
A useful axe that reduces magic resistance by 20%. Cannot be frozen is also important.
A staff that reduces lightning resistance by 20%, while increases spells by 2 levels and adds 27% to all resists. Great weapon!
An armor with high AC, add all resists, and cannot be frozen
Rings/Amulet/helmet/belts are just usual rare items that add resists, STR, and MAG tec..