Belzebub vs Tchernobog alpha

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
anstand

Belzebub vs Tchernobog alpha

Post by anstand »

Hello there,
am interested to know what the differences between the two versions are.

Does Tchernobog just add Multiplayer, or is it a straight upgrade to Belzebub (more content, bug fixes and so on)? Am asking because I am not sure where I picked it up, but someone for example mentioned that apparently not all quests in Tchernobog work like they do in Belzebub.

There apparently is also a new class in Tchernobog alpha that isn't available in Belzebub.
qndel
Global Mod

Re: Belzebub vs Tchernobog alpha

Post by qndel »

Tchernobog = Belzebub + improvements + new class + new bosses - quests
anstand

Post by anstand »

But arent quests not implemented yett in Tchernobog?

I can't even do most quests in Tchernobog.
rafik

Post by rafik »

Same question here.
I just recently downloaded Diablo and wanted to play with some cool mods. I found Belzebub. After that ofc i found tchernobog. As it suppose to be more advanced version i tried to play it. But as previous guy said, it looks like quests are not implemented.
NPC aren't talking to me, they don't give any quests. There is no dead guy outside cathedral. In belzebub butcher was in another location, in tcherno he is in his chamber.
I know what alpha means but shouldn't these quest be active? Especially latest update on the mode was from 2 months ago.
It would be much appreciated if you could answer this Qndel.

For the time being i'll stick to belzebub as it is only one working.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Play through with quests is nearly perfectly enjoyable with Belzebub. You can try out each class with a variety of equipment builds and get many years of satisfying game play out of this part of Diablo 1 HD Mod. There are some bugs and game imbalances in Belzebub, but none will set you back except an occasional game freeze when repairing gear at the blacksmith and sometimes a crash when fighting mobs. Just backup your characters frequently in case there is a corrupted character save crash which is very rare. Belzebub character saves can not be transferred to Tchernobog.

Tchernobog adds a new class Spellblade that focuses on elemental melee. Necromancer has had many tweaks to fix imbalances and specialize the abilities of summoned minions. Crafting has been reworked a bit. Numerous bugs and imbalances are being fixed. The only downside is that the main story quests have not been activated in single player mode. There would probably be some issues with those quests in multiplayer, but I don't know the whole story with that issue. With this current build, the game is very playable as a single player or with a party. Be aware that at some point, there will likely be a character wipe required as some features, quests, bug fixes, and game imbalances are dealt with.

Suggestions are welcome, but often ignored. The Devs have their priorities and this is done out of fun for them.

Respect the Qndel and Team