Shrines, Save State, Questlines

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Pump-Action Pete

Shrines, Save State, Questlines

Post by Pump-Action Pete »

Hello,

Really liking the game so far. Some nice touches and quality of life improvements to make the game feel fresh and interesting.
I've been playing for several hours now, with several different characters. A few things I've noticed:

- Shrines. Are they still around? I've played through the first five levels without finding any.

- Save state. Every time I exit the game and come back, I start from the very beginning. Waypoints and quest progress is gone.

- Questlines. I've only encountered the Poisoned Water Supply quest with prompts from Pepin, but nothing about any other quest
during my playthrough. Is this being worked on, or is it a deliberate implementation? Also, upon completion of the Water
Supply quest I get no dialogue from Pepin. The only indication of completion is the reward in my inventory. But the notification above
his head remains stuck there and the only dialogue from anyone is about the quest as though it hasn't been completed.
Just seems odd.

Otherwise I'm having a good time!
Ugily

Re: Shrines, Save State, Questlines

Post by Ugily »

I would recommend reading the FAQ.

Tchernobog part is still in alpha development. Has quests disabled even though you can play through some quest areas. This side of Diablo 1 HD Mod is still being tinkered with. Qndel has a Discord channel for up to date info and convo.

Belzebub 1.045 beta is at final beta development. All quests are working and this part is considered finishedish. There is no longer any commitment to development as this code base is mostly now part of Tchernobog. For single player, this will give you many years of game play but no multiplayer.

At some point, it is presumed that the two sides of the mod will come together and Diablo 1 HD Mod will be one complete beta with single player quests enabled and multiplayer working optimally.

This may also be a moot point since DevolutionX is also in development.
anstand

Re: Shrines, Save State, Questlines

Post by anstand »

Ugily wrote: 28 Sep, 2021 19:58 I would recommend reading the FAQ.

Tchernobog part is still in alpha development. Has quests disabled even though you can play through some quest areas. This side of Diablo 1 HD Mod is still being tinkered with. Qndel has a Discord channel for up to date info and convo.

Belzebub 1.045 beta is at final beta development. All quests are working and this part is considered finishedish. There is no longer any commitment to development as this code base is mostly now part of Tchernobog. For single player, this will give you many years of game play but no multiplayer.

At some point, it is presumed that the two sides of the mod will come together and Diablo 1 HD Mod will be one complete beta with single player quests enabled and multiplayer working optimally.

This may also be a moot point since DevolutionX is also in development.
Thanks for the tl;dr. Long time "The Hell 1" player here and I absolutely love what I am seeing so far in Belzebub.