Some humble development suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
dimitrius154

Some humble development suggestions

Post by dimitrius154 »

Greetings!

After some extensive Beelzebub playing and personal modding and, since I'm unaware, whether these items have been addressed in Tchernobog, I'd like to point out the following, if appropriate, of cause:

1. The "Black Death" zombie special feature is transferred to any hits, originating from the appropriate zombie. That includes hits from "Lightning Enchanted" and "Poison Enchanted" mods. Due to stacking and frame-based hits from the aforementioned mods, some elite zombies are unbeatable in close-combat. I'd suggest adding a check preventing mod hits from inheriting the owner's special properties.
2. The "Lost Treasure" Cave Vipers had their damage erronously multiplied tenfold, I believe. There's no other explanation for those lethal things having such a low experience reward.
3. The "Fire Wall" spell is a player insta-kill, regardless of health. A million-hitpoints warrior gets slain immediately. There's some code descrepancy, surely.
qndel
Global Mod

Re: Some humble development suggestions

Post by qndel »

no
dimitrius154

Post by dimitrius154 »

qndel wrote: 10 Mar, 2021 20:08no
As in "no way", eh? Oh well, jedem seinen. The Assembler is not as difficult as some may think, just some further inconveniences.
HighGSplat

Post by HighGSplat »

Hey just a suggestion, but maybe you could look into getting the missions working properly. I much prefer the Tchernobog over Belzebub version, you've done some fantastic work already so I hope I'm not being annoying. It has been fantastic going back to a game from my childhood.