New skills and New Dungeons

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Kevin

New skills and New Dungeons

Post by Kevin »

For me this game is far more better than Diablo the Hell 2. but i think this game is much better if Devs add a new another Skills on every specific characters and new Dungeons to be able to play the game much Harder and Exciting.. and also to play the game much long.. The reason why they need to add new skills because those Melee characters are extremely hard to play unlike those Basic heroes like Rogue,Necro,Sorce specially if you are about to reach level 12 downstairs.
Ugily

Re: New skills and New Dungeons

Post by Ugily »

Welcome to Diablo 1 HD Mod Kevin.

The dev on this project has passed on to Qndel for a while now. He has a Discord channel that you can follow for more frequent discussion. There is a link somewhere in the forum you can search for an invite.

For all intents and purposes, the single player half of the mod (Belzebub 1.045) is complete as it will likely ever be. It is fully playable in single player only with all quests and expanded content. It has some issues with game balance and several bugs in some items, but it is exceptionally well done for your gaming enjoyment and time killing.

The other half of the mod is the coding for multi-player (Tchenorbog 1.06c ?) and is generally playable as coding bugs and other issues are worked out. Quests for single player are not activated and the quest system for multi is also not developed. From what I can discern, some QOL functions have been added, character class skills and abilities are being tweaked, numerous minor bugs and querks have been fixed, and stability issues have been improved dramatically. The dev is slow going and as far as I know there is no public roadmap. I suppose suggestions could be compiled and sent to Team Qndel, but I haven't seen much of that.

The long term strategy from what I gather is to abandon or merge the Diablo 1 HD Mod work into the DevolutionX/Infernity2 mod. When that happens, many of us hope that the new content and playability will be kept and expanded. It is also hoped that the Hellfire content can be introduced.

This is a project of love, so it really is up to the devs at this point. I am not sure if they even want additional input since it is in their hands now.
qndel
Global Mod

Re: New skills and New Dungeons

Post by qndel »

I never say no to additional input, but feedback like "add more everything" doesn't really have much value : P
"The long term strategy from what I gather is to abandon or merge the Diablo 1 HD Mod work into the DevolutionX/Infernity2 mod." I guess at the moment I'm keeping tchernobog alive just because it'd be sad to see all the work put into it go to waste :D