How to progress as a sorcerer?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
joaork

How to progress as a sorcerer?

Post by joaork »

Hello, guys...

I am playing tchernobog right now and i am in love with it...

So far i'm with a sorcerer playing mostly dungeons, catacombs and sometimes caves at Nightmare as i am level 31...

I don't know if my set stats are correct for progressing, but i am trying to craft some new things but not getting any success in rare items so far...

My playstyle is: i use mana shield, then summon a golem and start using chain lightning everywhere and teleporting through the map... Sometimes i die tho... When the mob is strong against lightning i use Inferno against it...

My question is: is there any guide about this game? So far i think i'm stuck, as my progress is SLOW and i don't know if my playstyle is correct for farming and how i could optimise it.

Thanks in advance
thirstyjack

Post by thirstyjack »

Sorcerer is the most OP class until the end of Nightmare. Be sure to pump all of your earned stat points into Magic. Use a staff with -target resistances and +XX spell damage whenever you can.
Try using Guardian. It attacks automatically while you stay in a safe place. You will, however, suffer from immunities from time to time in late nightmare. And almost always since the beginning of hell.
joaork

Post by joaork »

Thank you!!

I'm trying Guardian now and it seems fun... High DPS when stacking 7-8+ in the map...

And yes i am suffering a lot with immunities and when it happens i just reset the map...
louiress

Post by louiress »

I have Sorc on lvl 7 and 2 spells: lvl 4 charged bolt and lvl 3 fire ball. I must admit this isn't easy...sometimes 1 hit and Im dead. I think I must find better spells :]
Ricky is a Dicky