Is this continuation of Belzebub ? Can I play singleplayer?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
overrider

Is this continuation of Belzebub ? Can I play singleplayer?

Post by overrider »

Hello there. Thank you for the mod.
I cannot keep track of all your mods. I see there is Belzebub last version from 2014 still in public beta. This is what I play now. v1.045.
Then I see there is that trenchbog mod , last version v0.1.6c ... is this the multiplayer version of Belzebub ? Can I install it and play singleplayer? Cause if it is a continuation then obviously it has improvements and bug fixes. Or is it the same mod as belzebub but for online play only ?

And finally what is this The Awakening mod? Yet another one? You have a download page or not released yet?
Thank you and apreciate your work and passion.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Welcome to the forums!
The Awakening mod is essentially just a HD revamp of the original game; it is essentially defunct now to make room for two newer mods.
Belzebub is single-player only, includes all quests (including the ones that were originally planned for the D1 release but pulled for one reason or another), and is not current receiving updates.
The Tchernobog mod was originally designed as the multi-player version of the same mod, but is fully playable in single player. The big disadvantage is that it currently only has a few of the quests available, but it has recently begun undergoing construction again with a new team of mods. Both were built on the same framework so both include the HD and playable-on-newer-computers upgrades, as well the same items... although up until the latest release a lot of those items didn't work correctly in Tchernobog so that's where a lot of the new mod's efforts were going.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1