Jo whats up guys

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Raz0r

Jo whats up guys

Post by Raz0r »

I just wanted to say hello, especially to Qndel.

It is a long time ago I was on dicord and stuff. I am wondering if anything has changed like quests or something due that time. BTW Qndel I can not login with my old account on discord anymore which is kinda broken. Hope I fix that...
< Experienced Tchernobog player >
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Have you tried making a new discord account?
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

jooo, Miacis what's up?
Nope, I didn't try to make a new Discord account. I'm still trying to get my old one back, but for some reason I miss the password, which really sucks. If I won't get my old account restored, then I will make in the following days a new one, but it would suck so much cause I would lose all my discord ranks ffs xd
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

I'm cool, was wondering where did you go :D
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

It sounds maybe crazy, but I've done most of the possible things in this mod. I mean I had couple of 60 chars and at the end I was only grinding for best rolled Uniques since this was the only challenge for me. The game became a bit too repetitiv after 2 years of playing and so I decieded to make a break. I mean the mod is the best mod I know, but I often feel like the end game doesn't offer much as only item farming. You will see this as soon as you hit lvl 60 things start to get less challenging and getting boring over time. This was actually what I have discussed with Qndel a lot. I suggested to add new areas on hell difficulties that could be only entered by lvl 60. This would be even with BIS gear extremely challenging because of the fact that the monster LVL there would rise incredible high. However, you have to think about the disadvanatage of this suggest. Why should a lvl 60 player then do diablo runs if it is less challenging? I can answer you that. My idea was to add a portal system similar the cow level system of D2 so that you have to kill always Diablo to get a item which alows you to open this specific portal. In this case it would not be Wirt's leg but another item. Maybe a Unique staff which has no overwhelming stats itselfs but has one charge of portal, which can not be reloaded by adria to make this less game breaking. My idea was also to add new item drops that you could get only in these LVL 60 areas, but these items would aim another goal than being extremely OP and better than other uniques that already exist. These uniques should be class specific Uniques that can be wear by all classes but that offer only a really use on the prefered class. What I mean by that is that for example a LVL 60 Unique bow can be dropped. For example:

Unique Bow: &#8222; Example&#8220;
Base: Rune Bow
Req. LVL 60; Req. No Str; Req. 350 Dex

You can see only by its base that its designed for Rogue since no other class is designed to reach 350 Dex. So by its base its already designed for specific stats. Now we looking on the special designed Unique stats:

- 5% life and mana steal
- decrease Vit and magic by 30 points
- 70% attack Speed
- 25% crit. chance
- 100% crit. damage
- 250% enhanced damage
- ITD (still meta, but annoying focus)
- Adds 5 additional Arrows to Multiple Shot

You can see that it heavily decreases survivability and also the mana managment. But due its life and mana steal it rebalance it. So you need to land every shot in order to teleport correctly and in order to survive since you can not take a lot of damage. So this bow requires a lot of skill and aim in order to survive properly. A LVL 60 rogue should be experienced enough then to deal with it. So its not the best bow to have for newer player and only really BIS in real experienced hands. This bow is as you can see by the other stats slightly better than the heartseeker, which is really needed since a lvl 37 Bow is currently main. And now the main point of this example bow! It has a class specific Boost. No item has such a thing in this mod. This would be key for the end game Top improvment. So rather than having best rolls in end game you try to find these hardly optainable Uniques. This would be much more challenging in the end game and give it a new focus. So you need to farm diablo in oder to get a staff to open a LVL 60 area where you have a pretty low chance to get those class specific uniques. I mean that would make the end game so much more better, dude.

That would be things that I wished to make the end game much more enjoyable for experienced players
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

From the people I've talked to, the place where the mod really suffers is in the mid-levels, around about mid-Nightmare to mid-Torment; a lot of players in my experience just don't bother continuing on from there... and as much as I love this mod I can't blame them, there's really no major bragging rights to completing anything beyond the first or second difficulties. Most people are willing to endure 'paying the piper' for their class choices up until it becomes obvious that it's never getting better, that's there's no second wind to be had. Then they just tend to give up.
-Melee classes still suck, due almost exclusively to their lack of ability to get ITD items by hook or by crook; it would help balance things A LOT if we made the simple change to increase the likelihood of ITD dropping on random melee items.
-A few extra pre-generated area where MAG still did something in later difficulties would help immensely; players who are okay with the grind that is Diablo I (and this mod) are often caught off guard by how hard it is to do so. These don't have to be fully-fledged extra content, just some place where a wizard doesn't have to feel like they're a failure.
-The assassin class has to do something dramatic, nearly half+ of the messages I've gotten since I've relegated myself to Forum Problem Fixer have been about how much assassins suck ass. Hell, my background is in sprite deisgn, can I do it?

If you guys need help developing extra areas just say so. Hell I myself have got a few dungeons just modeled after Dungeons and Dragons campaigns set in this fascinating world.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

Yes you are true with the point of the mid game difficulty. Especially sorc suffer hardly from it. That's why I already suggested long time ago to fix enemies res system. I mean the jump from nightmare to hell with a sorc is getting painful. Before a sorc can even enter torment, he needs to farm several hours for any "- reduce enemies res" items. But u really underestimate the torment end game. A sorc is getting fucked in torment's hell domain if he has no almost perfect rolled "- reduce enemies res" items. Because he can only cast some Elemental Drain to kill mobs every 2 min. And I really have to disagree from what I've experienced to the point you have said of the weak melee. The War and especially the barb are leveling with EZ. I have build myself a barb and he is in the end game as I tested the best single target killer. I can rip diablo on torment with him under seconds. And yes ofc you need very specific gear for a barb, but good news are that his BIS are most crafted items. Only his Axe should later have ITD, so Messerschmidt's Axe is the way to go. But after 30 hr of torment farming you should get a messerschmidt, I would say. And I agree to the assasin, she sucks ass, but I have not much experience to tell how her class spell should improve specificly. I just can say that she needs an AOE class spell like the WAR/Barb have with cleave.
Uhtred

Post by Uhtred »

Well i have a warrior level 50 on torment and i must agree with Wendigo, it´s just impossible to go on. My gear is pretty good (crafted armors and rings) but the sword it´s the sever edge of brutallus, couldn´t find anything better so far. There is no ITD, thus i can´t go level 13 or beyond. That´s why i´ve created a rogue, using $player 10 since the start to perharps farm something good for both characters. She is definately way better than the warrior, due to AOE damage and with a properly bow i can reach torment soon.

That being said i can´t farm or keep playing with the warrior on torment, on Belzebub. Meanwhile my warrior at tchernobog has already the Might of Zakarum, which makes it possible to play.