Game Crash Problem

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
DanteWontDIe

Game Crash Problem

Post by DanteWontDIe »

I've been playing nec for a while and on the Torment difficulty right now. And then I had a game crashing problem. It seems if there are too many 'body explosion' skills used in a game, it has a very high chance of crashing. I tried several times and it all happened randomly when I use 'body explosion' continuesly.

Is it just me or somebody else is having this problem as well?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Yes, this problem has come up before, and thank you for bringing it back to the forefront for the devs to see. Unfortunately a hard fix was never found and it appears to be much like the Griswold/Adria speech glitch, somehow tied to the sound file and causing an overflow exception. You may be able to defeat the memory spikes by making sure you're closing background programs while playing, but any long-term solution would have to come from the devs.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
DanteWontDIe

Post by DanteWontDIe »

I tried turn off almost all the programs running and it still happened. The crash occurs randomly sometimes crashes after I run 3 to 4 maps. While sometimes 1 map is not done and it crashes. This problem makes nec unplayable on Torment difficulty. I hope u can find a way to fix it or this character is just done on Torment and cant be played further more.
Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I play necro on torment (I'm lvl 50). Corpse explosion is not necessarily a must. Ever since you can permanently revive enemies, you're nearly unbeatable, because the stronger the enemy, the stronger you are. Corpse explosion crash happens to me too, but when I keep the map turned off and only using corpse explosion when its necessary, I haven't encountered with the problem. So as a temporary solution, I'd recommend only using CE when there's too many monsters and even then, don't spam it like crazy.

Believe me, necro is far from unplayable. Having 15 winged skeletons following you or 10 archers backing you up is like a walk in a park until something can sneak up on you. I found 15 revived is enough to clear the level, but you can summon a total 45 minions if you please. I'm in full magic find items as well (boosted with hp if I can), but my stats are weak. However, necro gets his power from the enemies, unlike other characters, so in the end, your toughest problem is gathering minions at the beginning of the game.