The Nec Problem

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
DanteWontDIe

The Nec Problem

Post by DanteWontDIe »

I've played both version and see that u've make adjustments on Nec's skeletons.
I'm OK with summonning skeletons from corpses, that's more like in D2. But one problem is now skeletons don't teleport together with you now and this is really a big problem. First of all, the skeletons are now scattering farther from Nec. Second, their AI seems, I don't know how to describe, no matter how I summon a new one from the corpse that is close to a ranged enemy, they seem always runs to Nec first. This is when skeletons teleport with Nec is really helpful.
In those narrow and cornered maps, they scattered like everywhere and can block the door one by one. Also they open doors automatically, and bring more enemies accidently. In old version, I can use teleport to call back skeletons near me and protect me. But now in a narrow or corner place, it is really pain in the ass.
Can u at least have one of them: either teleport with Nec together, or not scatter so far away?
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

Hello and welcome to our community.
The Necromancer minions don't teleport with the player anymore. This is a core and intended change in the Necro's design . In past versions (and in Belzebub) Necromancer was way too safe to play with, since, with Teleport, all of your 10 or more skeletons would join you and take precedence over you from any damage source: the result was that the Necromancer barely got hit during an entire game session. The latest patches of Tchernobog address this situation, resulting in a more challenging gameplay for the Necromancer. Also, Since one of the latest patches, Necromancer minions will keep different distances depending on the dungeon type you're in (the wider being in the Caves, the shortest being in the Cathedral IIRC) .
Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Golem still teleports with you, it's enough for a minimal defense. You can play around this though because if they're out of range, your minions will spawn at your location. The way I solve it is by intentionally pull my necro away and then teleport.

You can also use the new change to your advantage as you can teleport behind your minions that hold off the enemy and by not teleporting with you, they won't give a foothold to the monsters they were fighting.
Predator

Re: The Nec Problem

Post by Predator »

Hello. I'd like to ask something about the Necromancer game way, and I'm going to do it here in order to not open a new thread (If I don't get answer, I'll try a second chance by creating a new thread).

So, I have reached level 24. Until level 22, I was focusing the magic stats, by showing the Necromancer as wizard, and my primar damage source are my spells, not the skeletons (who use to tank a little and die after some hits). Some times, I put some points in vitality to get more skeletons sustain, but just in a few of level and not more tan 3 points in each level.

This way of playing the carácter gives me the difficult of having to change constantly between damage spells and summon spells (because skeletons die in every combat), and balance the ammount of mana potions (mana goes down quickly) and heal (because I spent life).

So now, after reading here some threads and see the Necromancer gameplay video, I found that the optimus way to use it is get the maximun vitality stats, and use the skill to waste life instead of mana with the spells. Then, you only have to worry about life, which is in its maximus, and summons are too much stronger.

Then, I ask the next question: I still have time to maximize vitality and get a powerful character in relation to the level dungeon? Or it's too late and I'm going to have a character always backwarded? Which way I should take if it is the second issue?

Thank you very much!
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Your Necromancer will be fine. Just start putting more or all into Vit. Now, I believe that Str and Dex will also affect the power of your minions.
Predator

Post by Predator »

Ugily wrote: 14 Apr, 2020 21:05 Your Necromancer will be fine. Just start putting more or all into Vit. Now, I believe that Str and Dex will also affect the power of your minions.
Thanks for your answer. I will do it then. So, it's right that the "optimus game strategy" with the Necro will be use life instead of mana with all spells?

Are you sure that Str and Dex affects the summons? I checked the character section in this website (https://mod.diablo.noktis.pl/characters) and about the Necromancer's summon spells, it only says that Vita increasses the skeleton's and zombie's health, nothing about other stats.

Thanks.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Much of the information about Diablo 1 HD Mod Belzebub is correct on this forum.

For Diablo 1 HD Mod Tchernobog, the multi-player version, the updated game info has been shifted to Qndel's Discord site.
Predator

Post by Predator »

Ugily wrote: 16 Apr, 2020 18:46 Much of the information about Diablo 1 HD Mod Belzebub is correct on this forum.

For Diablo 1 HD Mod Tchernobog, the multi-player version, the updated game info has been shifted to Qndel's Discord site.
Yes, I forgot to mention it, but I'm playing the game in multiplayer with other person, so I use Tchernobog. So, do you mean that the info in this site is outdated? Where can I find this Qndel's Discord Site? I have searched it in Internet but I don't find an specific website.

Thank you again.

Edit: I joinned through Discord app what it seems to be the Discord Channel of Qndel and the mod, I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I didn't found any different info in it, the same last update and less organized info.
Tycoon51

Post by Tycoon51 »

A lot of useful info can be found in the Tchernobog changelog (here on the site homepage or at Discord #release channel), or in-game skill sheet.

Here is some example of skill sheet of my lvl32 necromancer character. Note that the number of minions depend on your character level