Poison enchanted

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
ChingisKhan

Poison enchanted

Post by ChingisKhan »

At first, thx for the mod - Tchernobog. Its really awesome mod.
I have a question how the hell kill mobs (i mean champions and mini bosses) with poison enchanted ability on barbarian character. My armor and resists (i have all 80%+) dont help me at all. All that returned poison attack from mob can stack by puddles in one place (99% time under my character's feet) and do huge damage. I found that returned poison attack depends on my attack speed but can trigger on every casted spell from armor, jewellery, shield or weapon.
On torment difficulty it really burns my barbarian's ass. May be it possible to limit poison stacks and poison puddles by per sec damage or by stacks to 10.
I really dont know how to kill them until i find some place where poison damage dont hearts me a lot . It may be doorway, corner or pillar...

And last one question. In hellfire there was an bonus to absorb 33% of ranged damage, is it possible to find it in Tchernobog mod?
BlackRabbit

Post by BlackRabbit »

i'd guess high life steal would help,
altho i agree that the poison enchanted mobs are a huge game breaker,
most of them people i know rage over them and usually either skip them or just make a different game to avoid fighting them.
ChingisKhan

Post by ChingisKhan »

i'd guess high life steal would help,
altho i agree that the poison enchanted mobs are a huge game breaker,
most of them people i know rage over them and usually either skip them or just make a different game to avoid fighting them.
Hi BlackRabbit, you know, i tried many times to find best killing method for poison enchanted mobs. Tried to stack life steal (is it enough 18%+?), armor & resistances, knockback, stone curse, etc and nothing could help me. All I found - is to grab my brother's necromancer character into game and kill mob with tons of skeletons, raised mobs, ghouls with spamming bonespirit spell. This is ridiculous

AND: I want Barbarian to be able to use mana. I can learn books use staffs, but cant use simple spells like town portal. Absurd!
BlackRabbit

Post by BlackRabbit »

barbarians aren't supose to be able to cast spells,
they are dumb brutes