Belzebub/Hellfire

Diablo 1 Hellfire Forum
Radical Gamer Dude

Belzebub/Hellfire

Post by Radical Gamer Dude »

Why was the Hellfire expansion never added to Belzebub/Tchernobog? I've always loved the way the Crypt levels looked, and it would have added even more content in a mod full of extra content.
Ugily

Re: Belzebub/Hellfire

Post by Ugily »

Qndel team has mentioned that they are incorporating Hellfire content into DevolutionX: Infernity 2
Maybe that mod will also preserve some of the Belzebub/Tchernobog added content and features.

???
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

I think it's the same reason as for any mod based on vanilla Diablo - Hellfire was reverse engineered quite recently unlike original game. Though, Brightlord has written the whole code for the game by himself, making use of diabdat.mpq assets. That having said, I kinda don't know why he didn't build around Hellfire assets in the first place. But I'm no programmer so can't tell if such thing was also possible and BL just decided not to do so. Anyway, Hellfire stuff can now be used anywhere so there is a possibility of it being added to Tchernobog, if Qndel & friends decide to do so.
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
jedijoe84

Post by jedijoe84 »

Wish there was a way to just take the higher resolution, improved lighting, all quests always active, and new vendor UI from this mod and just add it to the base Diablo or Hellfire games without the other game changes. I'm constantly torn when it comes to Diablo 1 because I very much prefer Hellfire, but the way this mod is presented is just so much easier on the eyes.
qndel
Global Mod

Post by qndel »

jedijoe84

Post by jedijoe84 »

That is almost exactly what I'm looking for. Closest I've found anyway. Love being able to choose all or random quests and turn off/on the command.txt options and screen res settings all in one place. Played with it for hours trying to get the pixel light mod to work, but couldn't. Also didn't see any mod that changed the vendor windows from the default text based ones to the belzebub diablo 2 styled ones. But like I said, closest thing I've seen to a hellfire version of Belzebub. Thanks!