Problems to change font in Diablo 1

Diablo 1 Hellfire Forum
roscado

Problems to change font in Diablo 1

Post by roscado »

Hi,

I have problems to edit images in Diablol 1 well I want to change the file Panel8.cel (I want to change the texts char, quest, map, menu, inv and spells) to extract the image I use The Dark Graphics (TDG23) the program extracts a image * .bmp, I modified the image with Paint Shop Pro x2 and convert a * .cel with TDG23. After use MPQEditor32 to create a * .MPQ, or replace a existing one, but when I start fails diablol and not load the game. (There is a template for letters of Diablo, the letters of the Polish translation, are great, very sharp).

I would also like to change the smaltext.cel, medtexts.cel and bigtgold.ce files, I think those are all the necessary files to insert special characters for Spanish, I guess I would have to replace the special Spanish characters for characters that do not are used in the game and then use the characters replaced in translated texts, but to do this I need to work TDG23 me.

I would be grateful for any help.

Greetings and thanks for your time.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

You should use ms paint and option "save", not "save as" (if i remember correctly). Why you want to change font to spanish? Game isn't available in Spanish.
roscado

Post by roscado »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply Diablo has a translation in Spanish amater old, but contains no images or special Spanish characters. I want to improve it thought it would be easy but I can not get it.

I have win7 64 estp Can the problem be?

Greetings.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Use MS Paint (from Win XP).
roscado

Post by roscado »

Hi,

Well, i have not been able to use MS Paint in xp, because I have not XP installed, I used Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 and working properly, the problem was to add the characters, I was using a * .ttf font with characters of game, but gave an error, it may be because of the palette.

Unfortunately there is no template with the characters, I have to paint them by hand one by one, using the original to guide me, but it works correctly.

This is a template with clean image, perhaps to help someone in the future.

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww26 ... g~original

Thanks Noktis.