Poison resistance

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
NakedSnake

Poison resistance

Post by NakedSnake »

I am noticing that even when I have all res 75%, poison attacks still kill my heroes very easily, even on nightmare difficulty, meaning that it should do less damage than in hell for example. How to shield yourself from poison? I thought Magic res takes care of that but I guess I was wrong (?) :S
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

The only explanation i see is that poison is considered to be a psyhical source of damage.
Joziff

Post by Joziff »

It seems to be like Wingard said physical damage. But I think the worst thing is that if you cast chain lightnings or some massive spells you dont even see that it is flying against you.

Also with unique Ocullus in hand all the time it teleports me next to the npc and YOU ARE DEAD :D. And the death is better when its also lightning enchanted. In my opinion it teleports again npc everytime not where you have a cursor :( .
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

i think so too - about the teleporting mechanic of occulus.
alsok

Post by alsok »

sergio_cannabis wrote:i think so too - about the teleporting mechanic of occulus.
+1. it's good unique, but teleport must be like phasing,or in mouse location
Yes, we have!
DREWPICKLES

Post by DREWPICKLES »

In my experience with previous versions it seems that poison damage (at least from cave vipers) was magic damage.

I found that stacking magic res increased my chances of surviving dramatically.

Don't take this as fact though, just my experience.
:)