Poisen

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Teriodis

Poisen

Post by Teriodis »

Hallo zusammen,

ich bin nun bei Beelzebob in nigthmare und kommt nicht weiter wegen dem gift schaden.

wird das noch geändert oder kommt bald ein patch, das man da auch resistenten aufbauen kann ?

Hi there,

I am now at Beelzebob in nigthmare and does not come on because of the poison damage.

is still changed or coming soon a patch that you can build as well as resistant?
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what you are trying to say or ask, because I do not speak German.
I recommend both ways to see how your message is translated.
If you're wondering about poison damage, you will find that poison damage falls under the magic resistance.

Wenn Sie sich über Giftschaden fragen, werden Sie feststellen, dass Giftschaden fällt unter die Magieresistenz.
Leider bin ich mir nicht sicher, was Sie versuchen zu sagen oder zu fragen sind, weil ich nicht Deutsch sprechen.
Ich empfehle, beide Wege, um zu sehen, wie Ihre Nachricht übersetzt wird.
Stahlhagel

Post by Stahlhagel »

hi,

ich hatte eben nen fight gegen ein Spitting Terror boss auf NM mit gift ect. versuch mal stonecruse und dann mit flammenwall und immer auf seite gehen, die säure zielt trotz stonecruse auf dich. falls der immun ist versuch doch mit teleport hin und her zu springen sodass er immer in den flammen ist. so hab ich diablo gekillt. 50 flammenwalls und hin und her gesprungen. irgendwann war der tot ;-)
Constance

Post by Constance »

Jofuss wrote:If you're wondering about poison damage, you will find that poison damage falls under the magic resistance.
Or at least that was the case in vanilla D1... I can only suppose it's also the case here, unless it's been confirmed somewhere.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Constance wrote:
Jofuss wrote:If you're wondering about poison damage, you will find that poison damage falls under the magic resistance.
Or at least that was the case in vanilla D1... I can only suppose it's also the case here, unless it's been confirmed somewhere.
Sometimes i believe that poison spitters attacks are magic damage, but poison enchanted bosses poison bolts are treated as 'physical damage + ignore target defense'...
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

I may have spoke out of turn... While I swear I read confirmation of that on the forum, I did not actually confirm it nor look for the citation...

If I was mistaken I apologize.
hellnecrotom

Post by hellnecrotom »

Well, I don't know what type of damage it is considered, but I take so much damage trom poison-enchanted bosses with my Assassin, that it is almost completely impossible to progress. I couldn't kill the Smith on Nightmare, I had to teleport around to steal the anvil and BAM, there was the quest completed :))

They should do something about this.
Either the Assassin is too frail with 500+ health, or poison damage is too high, either way it needs to be perked.

PS: I've heard of a friend who has no treouble with poison enchanted creatures as he is a barbarian. I guess a lot of health does remove the problem, but characters like the Assassin, who are forced to do melee and have a bad hit recovery + health are just wasted by these bosses in seconds...
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

They should do something about this.
Either the Assassin is too frail with 500+ health, or poison damage is too high, either way it needs to be perked.
Regardless of whether it is magic resist or not, the poison enchanted mobs are dealt with the same.

You receive a puddle for every "Strike"...(unless you are at range and are quick enough to dodge them...) If you want to stand in dozens of puddles while you wail on the mob, you will need to have maxed resist as well as good -x damage taken stat. This can get you down to a minimum of 1 damage per "tick" of poison. The best thing to do is to hit em a few times, move to an adjacent square and strike a few more times.

This is most likely why your barbarian friend doesn't have trouble. He is likely chasing the mob around as its getting knocked back or whatnot. He also likely has maxed resist and good damage reduction. Aside from the obvious benefits of more health, this isn't directly the reason.

I also am annoyed by them but it's just another thing you need to look out for. When you stack a bunch of fire/lightning walls on em and just stand there like an idiot, (like I do on my sorcerer,) you end up taking a stupid amount of damage from those puddles as they stack up on you. This isn't a design failure... its a strategy failure. It just happens to be a very common one :-/