Question about salvaging items

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
PURPLOYD

Question about salvaging items

Post by PURPLOYD »

How do I get emeralds? More precisely, Flawed emeralds?
I keep salvaging a ton of items and I keep getting every other kind of gem by the shitton but emeralds, the ones I really need as a rouge - they just wont pop.

Do certain items give them? Certain stats on the item?
Please, help! Really need to craft a decent bow to get any help on dealing with Nightmare.
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

Unfortunately what you receive from salvage is based on the RNG. From what I have read there is no rhyme or reason behind the gem types. Quality and whether you get gems/oils/etc is based on item quality and item level though from what I've read.

IE if you get a shit ton of flawed sapphires/diamonds/topaz but can't get any of the others... its just bad luck.

Just wait till you have a crap ton of normal emeralds, no recipes that use them, and need flawed emeralds... That's fun!

I wouldn't mind seeing a recipe to "Downgrade" gems...
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

I agree, "downgrade gems"-recipe would be very usefull, even for the same exchange rate (1 for 3)
uRa!
PURPLOYD

Post by PURPLOYD »

Jofuss wrote:Just wait till you have a crap ton of normal emeralds, no recipes that use them, and need flawed emeralds... That's fun!
Oh, you mean like right now? :lol:
Yeah, I got a ton of Emeralds but no way of downing them.
I agree with you guys, we definitely need a downgrade recipe like Median XL has. Those flawed gems for me at least are rarer than regular gems. And emeralds... man those things are just the rarest of the bunch. I got 15+ all the rest (each) but Emeralds? Ugh.
DREWPICKLES

Post by DREWPICKLES »

I feel like a good solution would be the ability to downgrade gems for a random 1-2 of that gem color. 3 would be too much, but i couldn't see a balance problem with what i suggested
:)
angra

Post by angra »

Quality of gems after salvaging depends on qlvl of items. So if you need flawed gems then you have to salvage low level items. Leoric's Tomb and Chamber of Bones on normal difficulty level can provide you with tens of items for salvaging in just five minutes. Moreover items in this two areas will allow you to get extra gold and crimson oil. I do not undersatand why would anyone prefer to downgrade gems if he can get much more in same time.
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

Because some of us would rather downgrade from stuff we are getting from moving forward than to step back to specifically farm lower level items for salvaging.

This isn't World of Warcraft... I'd prefer to have my farming as limited as possible or if I must, I'd rather farm same level content.