Any chance to remove MP from skills?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
MIrroredG

Post by MIrroredG »

I have been playing Barbarian for a long time and using the Cleave Skill. I found it extremely useful.

Then I switch to a Rogue and the Double Arrow skill use MP and I can only do 2 or 3 of them until my MP runs out.

I tried to mod the MPQ files but I can't find enough info around to actually do it.
SamAlchemist

Balancing the classes

Post by SamAlchemist »

To use your skills, you need mana. To get more mana, you need more points in Magic. It's not accidental, it's part of maintaining balance between the classes. That's one reason why even a Rogue can't ignore Magic when dividing up the stat points.

Barbarian is an exception. It's hard at higher levels to deal with swarms of creatures when you can't put any points in Magic. To compensate, it's the only class that doesn't use MP for skills.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Rogue, Assassin, and Warrior all need Mana Leach items to effectively use their special attack skills. As Dex increases, damage increases, so than even 5% mana leach will keep your mana globe filled.

To survive Rogue needs
Very Fast Weapon speed, mana leach, life leach, golem, critical damage.
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

The Rogue is the easiest class to survive in the torment end game in my opinion. But only if you play clever enough :wink: ! The first condition is to hold a huge distance between you and your opponents. This will help you to survive in the late end game. Sometimes you will die anyways and you can't deal with mobs such as haste or poison even if you hold a distance. I would also recommand to skip these elite types if you see "haste" or "posion" on their names.

Secondly, as @ugily already mentioned. Roll enough mana steal on the rings or on the amu, which you craft later on via recepies. You should have at least 5% MS rolled. That is enough to fill up your mana globe effecvily. Rolling a bit life steel is also good, this helps you to tank most range damage taken from enemies. But since I use "Heartseeker" I don't need seperate LS%. The "Heartseeker" got already 8 up to 10% LS. This bow is also the best bow for the rogue, keep an eye open for it.

Thirdly, it is significant to have much attack speed. This helps you to first stun the enemies a bit and secondly to leach LS% and MS% very fast. With the optimal Gear you can have up to 200 attack speed, which is very good. For that you need as I already said "Heartseeker" , "Dragonslayer's Cage" , "M'AVINA'S true sight" and "Cat's eye"

My last advice is to cast the golem and to use it as a decoy, so that the golem attacks enemies on the front and you can stay back and chill. This should help to keep distance between you and the enemies. However, for this you need a high leveled golem, because on torment he dies to fast on low spell level, which results in a rush of enemies on you.

regards, hope I could help.
< Experienced Tchernobog player >
hldemi

Post by hldemi »

OR you can simply run the game in a windows NT compatibility mode so that your skills use only 20% of their usual mana.