Lost Treasure Nightmare

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Cassiel

Lost Treasure Nightmare

Post by Cassiel »

I can't get past the last boss viper Pukeworm in the cave lvl of the Lost Treasure quest in Nightmare.
I'm a lvl 38 Warrior
Strength 197 Magic 96 Dexterity 103 Vitality 98
Armor Class 322 Chance to Hit 141 Damage 159-223
Resistance to Magic 65% Fire, Lighting & Cold 75%

I get owned every time so fast I can't move or heal fast enough drinking potions

Any advice or tactics?
Have a Better One
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

I suggest you skipping the content that you can't do at the moment, find better items elsewhere and then return whenever you feel comfortable enough to beat such content. Works 100% fine
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
jcvmarques

Post by jcvmarques »

Yes, the acid damage of the worms is insane, unbalanced in my opinion. Wait until you get to Torment... each blob of acid 100+ damage.

Anyway, for this boss you have to take advantage of the AI by luring it to a corner and then pounding it when it tries to escape. This boss and their minions will try to run away from you if you're too close and spit acid when you're far away.

So you have to wait in a corner for him to come and when he does, stunlock him because he will try to escape from you instead of attacking.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

You can also use Teleport to release him from his hole, again teleport back towards the cave entrance, and then teleport around him to lock him away from you. It is a cowardly approach for a warrior, but will get past the worm.

You can also use teleport to jump directly into melee and try to get stun lock at that point.
Cassiel

Post by Cassiel »

Thank you for the help. I finally got past Pukeworm & finished the Lost Treasure quest. I used a Golem to divert his minions & elected them to death. Then used the Shield charge skill to stun block him & beat his ass to death.
Have a Better One