Backing up a character

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Wendigo

Backing up a character

Post by Wendigo »

So, my game keeps stuttering whenever I go near the witch's hut, I start clipping and lagging and it's all very weird. I suspect it's just that the system was never designed to handle walking around at +80% speed.. anybody else experience it or is my computer about to explode again?

Anyway, I had to do a clean install once before and it's only a matter of time before I have to do it again, I figure, so is there a way to make a backup of a character save file so when that happens I don't have to start over from scratch?
NegPulse

Post by NegPulse »

Data/player_save/ should be the folder you are looking for. I just copy/paste that folder once in a while for my backup.

I dont run a very high end system but I have no lag or stuttering issues while playing, including running around town at max speed.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Fabulous, thank you. I have a gut feeling I'll need it soon... let's just say it's been a bad week for me and electronics.
NegPulse

Post by NegPulse »

Ya the game has crashed on me a few times, luckily no files were ever corrupted but I make it a point to do backups now.
ander357

Post by ander357 »

it has crashed on me on a couple of occasions and although I didnt lose the character I did lose the stash
Check out "Diablo The Hell" also an awesome mod!
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Oh, ugh. I've got three active characters going now, losing the stash almost sounds worse than losing a character.

On the plus side I've started playing around with some of the clipping issues since I know how to reproduce them. I haven't quite made it across the river yet but I now am on a personal mission to meet Erika the Cow face-to-face.