Playing Diablo my way Hybrid challenge

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Slayer

Playing Diablo my way Hybrid challenge

Post by Slayer »

I just picked this mod up today and have been playing non stop hahaha, honestly I love this mod. Before this mod I was playing Diablo The Hell, and in its own regards its a pretty great mod, however it doesnt look as nice as HD mod. HD mod has me hooked =).

So about my character...

I always loved the Warrior class in diablo games, however in diablo 2 you lost the ability to learn spells through books, really hated that about d2. So anyway I sort of made a Warrior that casts spells. The new spell "Dark Pact" really helps me with this build as it allows me to recharge my mana. So far I am level 17 and im taking it pretty slow in terms of progression. I'm still in the catacombs doing Chamber of Bone runs. Anyway I'm hoping to possibly beat normal difficult as a spell casting warrior. I really only started playing around with spells because I knew as a warrior id be totally gear dependent. By investing into magic I seem to be almost over powered. I understand in later difficulties ill probably be too weak. I like the challenge, hoping to atleast complete nightmare.

So Ive put all my stat points into magic, im probably going to start saving the points now and only invest them as I need them. As a warrior i find it kind of funny that my Mana is the same as my HP hahaha. This is my first Hybrid challenge.

Would I be able to convert my guy to online play ? im currently playing the single player beta mod. thanks
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Later in the game, you will be able to craft Spellweaver gear and loot items that will boost your magic for learning and casting spells. That will boost the magic spell casting ability to where you want to take it in your build.

The warrior will always have to resort to melee, especially once enemies get immunities and resistances that a spell casting warrior will be able to overcome. Start investing in some STR.