No Saved Games (yes I've read every other thread on this)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Zentner

No Saved Games (yes I've read every other thread on this)

Post by Zentner »

Stoked to play this mod (it looks incredible) but I still can't save games.

Running Windows 10. Diablo + Belzebub installed in many locations (My Documents, Desktop, C:/, etc), run as Administrator and it still won't save.

Is there a specific Compatibility mode it needs to run in? My folders all have the Read Only box cheked (apparently this is just how Windows 10 works), and they will not stay unchecked. This is true for all of my C: drive, external drives, etc. but I have allowed permission for these folders/contents to be changed by all Users/Admin/etc.

The game doesn't create a save when I create a char, start a new game, or exit the game.

Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

(Sidenote: Tchernobog saves fine!)
lavitzman1

Post by lavitzman1 »

Please help me with this subject
Diabolic

Post by Diabolic »

If possible, if you have another drive/partition you could try putting the game there.

For example in D:\Games\Diablo\

I haven't tried Windows 10 but apparently it's even more fussy about things running from the system partition and avoiding putting games there has helped people with other games, often older games.

Also as a general rule you should try to also avoid installing games into Window's Program Files folders, or in the the root of the System Drive (usually C:\), it's best just to avoid the system partition if possible.

If it still won't save when placed in D:\Games\Diablo\ I guess you could try make sure all users/everyone has full read/write permission for the folder, and try different compatibility modes starting with Windows 7 compatibility. Perhaps also with the options to disable Themes / Composition etc.