Some questions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Katabasi

Some questions

Post by Katabasi »

Hi, been playing this mod for a few weeks now, managed to get a Sorceror to Torment and have been doing dlvl 1 and chest runs to upgrade gear in order to move forward. I have a few questions though:

1). What's the ilvl/qlvl (don't know the difference) of treasure runs on Torment?

2). What's the ilvl/qlvl of gambled items? Is it just clvl? Is it even possible for me to gamble the set/unique Archon Plates at 49? Should I be gambling Grand Crowns instead?

3). I've found a low Belial's and a high Snowclash. Is cold penetration viable in Torment? I have yet to find even a single 15%+ staff to test.

4). Are there any 50+ recipes that I should be looking out for Sorc?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

1 & 2) qlvl is the name in the code, from quality level, it determines what can drop. But it's also referred to as ilvl, from item level. So 2 names that mean the same thing. It is linked to character level, dungeon level, monster level and i have the code for the drop generator but i can't read it quite right.

3) Cold resistance is less then other resistances and so immunity is less encountered. I personally have used that uniq helm and uniq belt plus the uniq xbow with penetration on my Necromancer at one time and it was good.

4) There are no recipes above lvl 50, and imo Spellweaver is the better one if you get Meteor Cluster as the random spell.
refix

Post by refix »

Does your character level effect what can drop from treasure runs?
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

Where did you find the Belial?
Katabasi

Post by Katabasi »

I'm pretty sure I found the Belial's from a Hell treasure run. I have heard that $player 10 does not have an effect on chests, but I do it anyway.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

If by treasure runs you mean just chests, then the dungeon level matters.
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

Wow you lucky bugger! :D