Brightlord's proposal over Freeablo Forum

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
DysDaemoN

Brightlord's proposal over Freeablo Forum

Post by DysDaemoN »

https://freeablo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27

Apparently, Brightlord (blessed be his name), under the alias of "Marsky", contacted the Freeablo guys and attempted to deliver a proposal to them.

In his post, he identifies himself as "Brightlord, your former competitor", making it obvious that the proposal relates to the future of Tschernoborg development, in whatever form.

However, Wheybags (the Freeablo guy) subsequently noted that the proposal was not in fact delivered, as Brightlord (blessed be his name) did not respond.

I'm posting this asking for more information as to the fate of this hopeful attempt at keeping Tschernoborg (best mod in existence) alive.

If you know something regarding this, please respond.
ahssjlcxd

A player from China

Post by ahssjlcxd »

A player from China, crazy Diablo fans, really support the HDdiablo author! Made very good! It is also very much looking forward to his renewed! As DIABLO fans heartfelt thanks to him!
QQ 616390471 24 hours online
Xahn519

Post by Xahn519 »

I saw that... I was wondering what it was about.

Seems like Freeablo progress is crawling to a halt as well.
nodrm

Post by nodrm »

I'd love to see this happening!

I'll most likely sink my teeth into the source code to understand how it works and improve things :)
Dunard

Post by Dunard »

The game isn't get any improvement or update. He already ban it.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Hey guys.

I want to pass code and project resources under MIT license to the community since there is no chance I would continue at that point (Development is dead since 2014). However I don't want to host repository and manage that project myself. I am looking for person with some experience to do that so project doesn't become complete mess... PM me if you have will to do that.

This is only for tchernobog mod. Belzebub is complete and it sources will be cast into void. :twisted:
sthalik

Post by sthalik »

Hey,

I recommend several respectable GitHub users to be set as project owners.

Personally I'm willing to contribute but sole responsibility is a lot of burden. You guys can of course look up my github username for projects, public organizations, etc.

Areas that I'm sure to contribute to are netcode, portability to various Unix, code correctness with asan, valgrind et al.

-sthalik
nodrm

Post by nodrm »

Hey,

Great to see this happening! It's an awesome contribution for the community!!!

You could also release Belzebub's source code for posterity. It might help speed up development, and I know some people are really keen on a Belzebub to Tchernobog character converter. 8)

Thank you and best wishes!!!
DysDaemoN

Thank you.

Post by DysDaemoN »

Thank you Brightlord for your great contribution to Diablo and its community. They will never be forgotten.

I wonder if the guys over at Freeablo would be willing to host it as a separate project? Perhaps it would be worthwhile to inform them of this turn of events.

I wish you best of luck with your future endeavors, whatever those might be.

Thank you once again.
wheybags

Post by wheybags »

Seems like Freeablo progress is crawling to a halt as well.
Nope, we're still going :p
Brightlord did share the source with me, so I'm hoping to incorporate components of it into freeablo going forwards.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Hi wheybags and welcome to the forum.

From my understanding your goal is to move forward with your own project, and unfortunately Tchernobog will not be developed further. If so what would you like to integrate in freeablo? I mean even if it's just theory now and you may not know what you can and can't do in the future, i think it's good to create some excitement, the community is very small cause after all it's a ~20 year old game, but people return because of nostalgia and new ppl try it as well after playing the sequels for ex, so if you can help this not seem dead it would be great. Right now no one knows anything that's going on, so they might not stick around and just miss on the fun when it's done, or if they have questions no one knows what to answer. I understand that after all you don't owe anyone anything but even just talking about it can be good, so maybe you can find the time to give us some info. Please :D