Dual Wield and classs-specific weapons

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Johnwax

Dual Wield and classs-specific weapons

Post by Johnwax »

Two of my favorite Diablo PCs are the Bard in Hellfire and the Assassin in Diablo II. Both are dual wielders plus the Assassin has claw-class wepons. In the HD1 Assassin, how about making the level 8 skill Dual Wield with a time limit like the Sorceror's mana sheild? Then the other skills could be used at any time, with a refresh of the Dual Wield as needed. Right now she's just a female edition of the warrior with stealth added.

Allso, class-specific weapons would be great. With the trading stash, if your sorceror picks up an assassin-only weapon, he simply puts in it the stash and your assassin charactger can get it out to use. Unique weapons, like claw-class, would be necessary.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

There are a few off-hand set items that could be used for dual wield.

Maybe a class of off-hand weapons could be introduced in the future. Would require certain level, strength, and dex and may offer some AC and block as a parrying weapon.

At any rate. DEVs have done an excellent mod so far. I look forward to future releases.
Johnwax

Post by Johnwax »

I haven't seen an off-hand weapon yet and in fact have seen very few set items. I assume these come only at the higher difficulty settings.

I like the idea of an off-hand weapon class. That would let all PC classes be dual weilders!
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I believe that I read that in future Tchernobog releases, many items such as set and unique will be altered. Perhaps new weapon classes such as off-hand, crossbow, wand will be considered. There has also been suggestions to create class specific items.

I think that the dev still reads over the suggestions and bugs thread. I may redo a general suggestion post and crosspost it in Tchernobog forum.

You have to remember that Belzebub is a beta test. There has been many, many duped items posted to try out and test. Some consider it cheating, but really it is about testing the game play so that items can be reviewed for balance and errors.

I actually hope that in final releases that rare, set, and unique items become much more difficult to obtain so that finding them in game play will encourage a type of multi-player sharing economy within game. In single player, it is all about hording items.