some questions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
rusudan

some questions

Post by rusudan »

1-can you break immunities with -resist% on items or spells
furthermore is the elemental damage on weapons same as the one on spells
2-my barbarian has zero mana so do items with damage absorbed by mana% work
3-what does ignore target defense do? do you do more damage or does it affect hit% only
4-are there breakpoints like in diablo 2 for faster hit recovery, block, cast rate, attack speed etc...
5-is there a place with all the spells+tooltips? the guide doesn't have details on spells
6-how does the -damage from monsters work? only physical attacks or all damage including elemental
-the information on rogue in guide is wrong, 1 dex also gives 0.5 physical damage

side question, are there spells that give buffs? i play a rogue so not much use in spells but maybe I can use buffs
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

1. Yes, but it seems monsters have some % resistance and it increases with each difficulty, when it reaches 100% or goes over 100% it just says immune. Meaning if it says immune but in reality it's 150% resistant and your staff has only -40% resistance you can't damage it. The one that pops in my mind now are the Undead Balrogs from Island of the Sunless Sea in Hell difficulty, where they become immune to all elements, but with a -10% lightning resistance you can damage them but not a lot, Holy Bolt is better anyway.

2. If you don't have any mana no, it's the same as with an empty mana pool. Anyway you can get mana on Barbarian with +mana gear and +MAG or +All Attributes.

3. Both, you do more damage because monster's defense is not considered for the dmg formula and you always hit.

4. We don't know what they are, but it's not like those from D2.

5. Your Spellbook. :)) Originally i didn't do a spell page because i didn't have the info, it's dependent on MAG (each character class has different base MAG) and on Character Level and Spell Level. I now have the game data from BrightLord but i can't figure out the formulas. Maybe one day.

6. As far as i can tell it works with all types of damage.

7. It's not wrong, Rogue doesn't gain any damage from DEX, only from STR. I've checked it again just now with putting 230 pts in DEX and 81 DEX from gear, physical damage stayed the same at 341 DEX pts as it was at only 30.

Insanity (but it has downside after it's over, and you need to drink potion to counter the life drain and not die) and Sacrifice (but costs life with each hit) are buffs.
rusudan

Post by rusudan »

thanks for reply! you seem to be one of the few who still checks this forum and you are very knowledgeable

-for spells I don't mean scaling with character or spell level. I just mean what it does in general since scrolls or tomes only have the name of the spell, example: golem 'creates golem from the earth to serve you'. would be nice tho to see the scaling as well but the tooltip at least for start

-if the -damage from monster works for all, well that's a pretty sweet thing to have on any character

-dex does give my rogue damage as i said 1 point gives 0.5 dex. every 2 points invested in dex give me 1 physical damage increase

and about the buffs, insanity+sacrifice what do they do and what magic do they require? doubt i will use any spells on my rogue since i have negative magic now from the gear but it would be nice to know

another side question, the damage types that are not listed in character page like poison or arcane is there a way to increase resistances to these? guessing the -damage taken from enemies does work for those as well if it works for all rest
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Golem also scales with difficulty, like all minions and monsters, so it's even more difficult to figure out. I have planed to do a spell page for docs, but not anytime soon cause the flame is out and i'm not playing right now. After you learn the spells, you can see them in your Spellbook. Or check out EnkerZan's gif from here: http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/i-m-new-here-t1243-30.html and printscreen and paste in paint or something the spell you want to read.

That's how it seems, most my armor pieces have it and i go down less than without it, caster or ranged characters alike, most noticeable is against Diablo himself, cause he has Apocalypse that auto-hits.

Post a screen of character page of your naked Rogue, i want to check. The 0.5 is too much of a bonus to be true.

Both are Blood Magic (page 6), Insanity needs VIT to be learned, has no cost, increases all speeds, physical damage and to hit % for a few seconds but when over you start loosing life, your resistances drop, so does your speed. Sacrifice needs MAG to be learned, has no initial cost, adds fire dmg to attacks but each swing (even if you don't hit) cost some life.

Poison does Magic Damage, and Arcane by definition is Magic (Arcane Enchanted monsters have Flash when hit which does Magic Damage) so both can be countered with Magic resistance, and +Max Magic resistance for Doomlord Gam'ar for ex, since he's spells hit heavily with Magic Damage and the difference is easily noticeable.
rusudan

Post by rusudan »

made a clip from the .gif you linked for the spells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viyyivC ... e=youtu.be

once i figure out how to fraps i will start doing some videos on my rogue and gear

can u also crit with spells? haven't tried wizard yet but i'm finding some gear i can use perhaps

what is maximum level?

edit: can i upgrade unique or set items? read in your link something about it but I haven't found any recipes like that yet, maybe in torment which i will reach soon (i did find upgrades for rare items tho)
-also how does this work, does it upgrade the stats on them or randomize a new item?
ROLpogo

Post by ROLpogo »

About increase damage by boost of dex:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ezFicjOdXo
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Max learnable spell lvl is 15, and can be increased a bit with softpoints from +X spell level items. And if you are asking about crit dmg, no i doesn't work with spells.

Yes you can uptier magic/rare/crafted/sets/uniqs weapons and armor pieces from tier 1 to tier 2, meaning only their base damage/defense/requirements are increased, affixes stay the same, i've writen about it in the docs on Recipes page. But there is an issue with rare and crafted swords, probably a bug:
Scimitar ---> Cutlas (instead of Rapier)
Sabre ---> Rapier (instead of Cutlas)
Long Sword ---> Espadon (instead of Battle Sword)
Claymore ---> Battle Sword (instead of Espadon)

And thanks ROLpogo for taking the time but i wanted to check a NAKED Rogue, your is not. It's just that you put DEX until your bow is no longer in the red (it appears in her left arm when you hear the sound of the complete set your a wearing) and that's when physical dmg start changing. Do it again naked and see if it increases, or just take off your gear, so that other factors don't affect damage, just pure DEX points.