Handfull of questions here

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
darkprincess

Post by darkprincess »

Oh that is you do it i start again and did all in vita and necromancer is really hard i think i stay with rogue even its hard too now doing izual and domain of diablo

And how do you can rearrange statts and isnt it hard to reach lvl 60? im lvl 30 by now honey :) and i wanted to ask where i can find this tier 2 recepts :)
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

At 30, you just about to shift into second gear at level 32. Now, a whole range of rare ring and amulets are available to equip when you find them. You need VIT, Resist All, and life regenerate.

Necro at 32 will have Blood Ritual skill. That is when necro will really begin to show his spell power. You will use blood (VIT) instead of Mana to cast spells.

Next range of power is at level 45. You have a long way to go to 60.

Necro needs to rely on skeletons and revives to keep enemies away while you batter them with area effect spells. Don't forget to spawn zombies whenever you can to distract. Teleport will bring your skeletons and golem with you, but leave behind all other minions to fight.

Only two levels to go until 32, then necro will show it's prowess.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Recipe for crafting is random and almost always drops from monsters.

Best to just farm for equipment, salvage, and level up to 32.

Also best to use just one of your characters as your blacksmith so all your crafting recipe and ingredients are in one place. Pass the extra recipes to other characters.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Yes it is hard to get to lvl 60, with just clearing all rooms once you will get to clvl 50 max by the end of Torment difficulty, rest is grinding.

Tier 2 recipes start dropping since Nightmare, but a lot more in Hell difficulty, it's easy to find them in Cathedral levels and running Torment's Domain will also work and you can find some high level items as well.

Since you are clvl 30 i guess you should be around dlvl 8 in Nightmare. And a Rogue needs a fast bow mostly, anything with around 300 or less attack time, preferably Hunter/Razor, if not look for Short Battle/Siege or Short War/Rune with around 30+% speed affix, this and damage will help you deal with monsters easy because you put them in hit recovery. Also get some Mana Leech (on rings or bow) and have your resistances at 75% or above at all times. Keep the Golem up for distraction, even if it dies fast i will take hits instead of you, and you don't want anyone in melee range of you. I might be forgetting something, but if you want more specific help just tell us, and also say your clvl, dungeon, difficulty.
darkprincess

Post by darkprincess »

thank you honey but my rogue is lvl 29 my necromancer is 14 something :)

im still looking for diablo honey im not nightmare yet and dont know how long it will take for me because monsters are so strong and what is golem?

im lvl 29 with rogue on normal and dungeon 16 and domain of diablo but there are really lots of strong monsters and im fine with killing diablo on normal honey i dont need more difficulty :)
i forgot to say my bow is very fast and i make 83-101 damage :) i looked up and im lvl 29 right now not 30 :) and if you need to know more ask me ok :)
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Ok, Ugily's advice is on the dot but you still have a long way to go with Necro, so i'll focus on Rogue since she is further in and you could hand down some items to the Necro with her.

Golem is a spell that summons a minion, it is slow but does physical damage, and is used to agroe mobs and keeps them off you, he also gets a bit better in higher difficulties but he is not a tank, he's mostly distraction.

Since you are still in Normal, the Arctic set is stellar if you have it, if not focus on finding a good bow like i suggested, with as low Attack Time as possible (check Attack page of Character screen). If you killed Lazarus in a previous game it means you have 1 hour to beat Diablo before he reaches full power, and we don't want that. So use the waypoint for Hell lvl 16, look around a bit for an area with red glow, this is where the portal to Unholy Altar is, and below it the entrance to Terror's Domain, if it's not near the waypoint use Warp and check near the stairway up to Hell lvl 15, if not there restart game until you find the entrance to Terror's Domain fast, time is crucial, don't bother with any monster on Hell lvl 16, your focus should be to just get to Terror's Domain as fast as possible, by Teleport most likely. And once here open TP and if you die and return don't forget to open a new TP.

In Terror's Domain start by clearing the West room, but don't agro too much from South room (you don't need to clear it), them move up to clear the East room and lastly the North room, then unleash Doomlord Gam'ar, keep summoning Golem a bit behind him so he turns away from you and hits the Golem, and while hitting him keep moving back to the cleared rooms and at need Teleport to safety out of sight, he will follow you but the minions from his portals won't and will remain stationary in the rooms if they don't have sight of you. He is the toughest of Diablo's generals, and immune to Magic (unfortunately Bone Spirit) and also does a ton of damage with his Arcane Spiral (i made this name up for his nova spell) so don't be in close range to him.

Once defeated clear the middle way and get to the East room, don't step to far in just enough to get sight of Bloodlord the Destroyer, he will teleport on you and likely kill you, he is a bit difficult to beat because you don't have to be more than a few squares away for him to teleport on you, so you kinda have to dance with him. Thus we need to keep the Golem up at all times, so he stays near him, shift click to attack (Bone Spirit on LMB work too to whiter him down) and keep your cursor over the Golem to see his health and once low health summon new Golem about 2 squares away from Bloodlord the Destroyer, so he spends some time moving towards him.

Now move to the West room, and have MultiShot ready on LMB since Benedict the Black summons several skeletons, Teleport on RMB and follow him around as he teleports, he doesn't have much health so shouldn't be a problem. Once done with him open TP here and destroy the 3 crucifixes in his room, then head on to the South room where Diablo will spawn, don't worry he will clear the room when he spawns, so it will be empty.

For Diablo you need a ton of potions, preferably 25(belt)+40(inventory) Full Rejuvenation, if not mostly Full Mana, and use the wall from his room/middle area, use MultiShot on the area he will come from, because the angle is good and many shots will hit him at once. Teleport to the safety on the other side of the wall once he gets too close. That's about it, you will need a few tries to get the muscle memory and timing right but it will make you a better player. If he reaches full power he becomes much faster/tougher/aggresive and it's best to just restart the game and try again, the 1h timer will also reset. Before you restart don't forget to pick up what dropped from monsters in his level, until now you should't have bothered picking up anything since you need to kill him in 1h.

Further down in this topic is a pic explaining how to use the wall: http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/necromancer ... t1090.html
darkprincess

Post by darkprincess »

I think i have a problem honey i dont have golem and im not sure i can learn teleport. i have found it once or so and it costs over 100 magic but i was smart enough myself to put clothes in my chest with magic i can put on and i have lots of magic elixier and will try when i find it again :) I have 3 parts of artic set but my helm gives me +10 to all attributes and that is better than artic helm and my armor is iceblink and that is so much better. it has armor class 53 and cold hit damage 4 to 8 and -3 damage taken and half freeze duration and resist cold 30 and only -27 fire resist is bad on it but my fire is 75 anyways :)

Attack speed of my bow is 336 and when i put on arctic set its still 336 and bow damage is almost even

my arctic cloak has 161% enhanced armor and resist all 10%. can i find it with better stuff honey? i think i do more monster and become higher level and maybe find better items because this mod is fun to play :)

oh and i have give items to my necro for better start and stuff :)
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

You can get 1 level for Golem spell if you do Horazon's Sanctum quest in the correct way, if you completed it already you must have completed it the wrong way unfortunately, you can read the correct way in the docs.

If you haven't downloaded the docs yet, they have all items range and other stuff: http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/diablo-1-hd ... t1211.html

Also here are some magic jewelry that i've uploaded for testing purposes while doing the character pages of the docs, and there are some with +MAG so you can get 59 from them, try to get the rest from other gear+elixir: https://www.mediafire.com/?zlnq913apmifkzc
darkprincess

Post by darkprincess »

wow thank you so much honey you are really sweet and you help me so much :D

i think i havent finished horazon quest or i dont remember it i think it was because it was too hard for me at this moment but i dont have it in my questlog but i will look at it again :) and i will do your sharebox :)

i did the quest again and i finished it already but i cant remember having found other bosses then doomlock and then this other demon and then the summoner. Even i was dong the whole sanctum level to see everything. :/
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

There are 2 pathways in different directions once you get into Horazon's Sanctum, one leads to the Pit, Doomlock, etc and the other to the Creature of Flame and Tome of Knowledge (where you learn Golem). You must have cleared only one, and unfortunately the quest ended and you can't get the +1 lvl Golem reward anymore. :(

Next time, once you enter Horazon's Sanctum, open TP, drop your gold, use Warp to get to the entrance of The Pit, Teleport out of that locked room (or use Telekinesis to pull the lever found on the other side), die, and take the TP back to Horazon's Sanctum, move the map with with your arrow keys to see where the entrance of The Pit is and just take the other path first, so you won't miss the reward anymore.

Anyway you can farm Lost Treasure in a cheesy way like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDrnwmlOfRQ
And then blow the barrels and go down to the Soulstone Chamber, open TP and just loot the 3 rooms (killing the Mages is optional), each has 2 book shelves and maybe you can get some more books from library tomes, so try to get some Golem ones, it's a very important spell for the Rogue.

Also i've sent you a PM, you can read it in forum header.
darkprincess

Post by darkprincess »

Yeah that is right that room has lots of bookshelfs i will do that for more spell books thank you again honey :)

I saw this video too and thought i should make a mage for this and then i thought a necro with army would be more fun. But necro was hard with only 1-2 skeletons and im just at dungeon 6 or so :oops: and i answered your message honey :)

oh i forgot to say when i put the rings out of the shared box and put it in mine and started new game it said duped items detected and they were gone from my box. so i have to keep them in the shared box and only put them on when i need more magic :)
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

You must have already downloaded the test items before and probably had them somewhere. Either way both copies are now gone, and you can take take them from the test shash and then delete it, a new and empty shared stash will be created next time you load a character, or maybe you have your own back up shared stash you want to restore.
darkprincess

Post by darkprincess »

i dont know but i havent downloaded anything besides the stuff you gave me honey :D
darkprincess

Post by darkprincess »

i did beat diablo and izual and have done all the quests and finished the game on normal now :) diablo was hard he did so much damage but i killed him finally :) and i found a book of golem on the way too :)
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Good to hear. :) With the Rogue you shouldn't focus on defensive gear too much, resistances are more important, and Diablo's spells do each type of elemental damage, for other boss type monsters you can switch gear accordingly to defend for they elemental damage type. Also moving to the sides by 1 square, sometimes back and forth is important to master, to avoid projectiles. And never get in melee, because you stand little chance to escape, that's why the Golem is crucial to distract monsters while you pick them off from a distance.

Are you continuing with her through Nightmare difficulty? Or trying another character to get a different feel?