looking for Leveling/stat advice

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
pocket951

looking for Leveling/stat advice

Post by pocket951 »

I currently have a level 40 rogue in hell.

current base stats:
85 strength
61 Magic
160 Dex
42 Vitality

How should I allocate my stats for the next 10 levels? I was thinking of increasing magic and strength mostly.

also, is there any way to reset your stat allocation?

also, is there a place that works particularly well for finding books of apocalypse? a good grinding spot?
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

if i were you i would only put so much points into str. so that i could wear the stuff i need. ALL other points into dexterity (as the skills are all dex dependant).

I heard of a bug which occurs if u reach max exp. in the next game you can allocate all stats again (though i didn't reach max exp yet and can't confirm this).
pocket951

Post by pocket951 »

I am not sure how much strength I will need, sitting around 127 in current gear, and I know a Gothic bow uses 110 and there could be hell versions of the bows which require more

should I be concerned about leveling magic though? or will I find absurd gear in hell that I just add to my magic sat that will let me learn anything(mostly want to read more books of apocalypse/chain lightning)
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I have put all points into DEX and had no problems. STR is most needed for gear, heavy armor mostly, but Rogue can do without it as she avoids getting in melee or getting hit in general. Just equip jewelry/belt/cap/armor, each with some +STR and/or +All Attributes so it helps to equip the next piece.

And i've also noticed that when..how can i say this.. for ex: i don't have enough STR to equip the helm and armor, and i can switch different gear and get them on me but both helm and armor turns red while equipped, then if i save and exit and start a new game and my total STR is enough i can wear them both (no longer in red). I'll post a gif so because i don't feel i explained it well in words.

Also if you want to know how attributes affect stats i've post it here at the bottom: http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/diablo-1-hd ... 11-30.html
Should be complete in the next version of the docs, but i don't have the drive to do it right now.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Hmm seems like the game doesn't check for item requirements when you load a character save, assuming that if it was saved in that slot, then you must have had the required stats to equip and use it. I guess that should be fixed as it's obviously an exploit.
ROLpogo

Post by ROLpogo »

1. All stat points to dex.
2. Yes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ezFicjOdXo.
3. Anywhere on Tornment.

Rogue 60 lvl with all stats points to Dex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyd6LAMl1YQ.
pocket951

Post by pocket951 »

I take it that stat allocation at 60 also includes all the points you got from the spectral elxir/stat raising items on all 4 diffculties+ all the bonus stats from quest completions

thanks for the info. how do you get your golem that tanky? mine just dies very quickly all the time
sergio_cannabis

@ ROLpogo in youtube description you post your items. how come you have such a heavy life leech without any life leech items?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

LL is about 10% from his bow, and the damage is "heavy".
ROLpogo

Post by ROLpogo »

8 Life leech from Bow, and 6 Mana leech from Rings.
731 dex (with elexir) -> Sightless Eye: Damage +674%, Adjacent Damage +222%.
sergio_cannabis

ah, sry forgot the life leech on hearthseeker.
Dog

Post by Dog »

I think I just about got my stats correct.

DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Hackzor begone!