BloodLust? Extra Strong? Mastery?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
kerry9992

BloodLust? Extra Strong? Mastery?

Post by kerry9992 »

I tried to search old article about these text on named monster or boss , but I cant find info. Anyone got idea of what these mean?

I know:
Fire Enchanted = explode after death
Cold Echanted = freeze you on each hit and cast circle of frost after death
Lightening Enchanted = spit massive charged bold if get hit
Poison Enchanted = cums each time get hit
Behemoth = Alot AC and HP
Haste = Move / Hit very fast

but what about Bloodlust , Extra Strong (similar to Behemoth?) , Mastery and something else? I checked manual but no detail either.
I guess maybe these spec will let the monster with diff characteristic , for ex , some monster will keep chase you in a range even you teleport away from their sight. Some stupid one will not chase you if you attack them out of their sight , but some does.

And I notice there is a physical resistance cap between armor style ..
For ex , you have 500 armor class , but if you wear Leather Armor , even it's tier2 grade like Demon hide .. you will cap at 40% resistance max.
Is this make many High Armor class Leath/Cloth/Chain Unique item useless? (like battle master's guard something)

Or Pushing up armor class still benefit on some hidden states like " avoid being hit " ?

I have few Guardian's armor recipe but I dont know If I shall craft stuff from them because the AC already cap 75% far away.

And I am frustrating about my warrior , he is lv43 now and cannot advance after Hell diffculty dlvl14. Those banshee/mage fires too much , even I push magic resistance and fire resistance to 95% cap max / with CANNOT BE FROZEN. I believe it's not so easy to have all these on with limited gears. Or this is the HARD TIME for melee class in this game?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I can only speculate:

Bloodlust = maybe does more damage to you and seems to take more damage when it is on low health ?
Extra Strong = don't remember it being that bad, maybe some physical resistance or - damage taken ?
Mastery = does more damage and has higher hit chance, like the shrine gives bonus to a player ?
Arcane Enchanted = Flash when hit
Vampiric = siphons life (Leoric does this)

Also all (elemental) Enchanted get some flat resistance, at least 100% making them immune, and sometimes immune+ if they already had some % resistance, i know for sure a few uniq monsters have some % resistance, usually the ones that have a uniq Name and are always present, like Bloodlust/BlackJade/RedVex etc. And maybe they even do damage of that element.
And Haste boost overall speed, move/attack/recovery/cast.

As for monster AI, some have a a better one, like the Risen Hero, Diablo's generals and himself i know are the smartest and basically know where you are even if you are out of sight. Maybe some others as well.

The physical resistance is somewhat of a mystery, item type is important but also AC in some way, couldn't really test it because base AC varies on armors. Cloth/Leather/Chain are ok for ranged/caster characters because you don't want to get hit in melee anyway, while high end plate is always best for melee characters. And there is no hidden state, like avoid.

And you don't really need 95% resistance for regular mobs i only itemize this against some uniqs that i know hit hard with that element, focus on damage, life leech and hit recovery, and keep the cannot be frozen and try to get ITD.
kerry9992

Post by kerry9992 »

thanks for the advises again. How does your warrior against those with haste/lightening enchanted combined ones in hell/torment?

They just rush to you , rapid attack , your golem die quickly and you are next :shock: your heavy armor and resistance is nothing , Defensive skill may let you live few seconds longer but not long enuf to kill it , DPS too low.

after that , 99% of your gold will burst out for some reason .. omg , why they so hate melee class ..

I guess I will do a test between 800+ ac and 500+ ac but both 75% physical resistance
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

What I have seen:

Bloodlust is the same as frenzy for the Barb, except the numbers are based on HP missing rather than stacks being present. Very problematic based on the difficulty setting.

Mastery makes them almost never miss (which is OP as fuck when they have haste). However I do believe that it also allows them to penetrate your resistances by 25%, hence why it seems they do more damage.

Extra Strong grants the enemy double damage.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Main problem with lightning is that it multihits (thou it is good when you are using such spells), and in melee those Charged Bolts spawn in high number and once you unfortunately get into hit recovery you will take a lot of damage, because you have no defense, they by themselves don't do much damage, it's just that they are so many. I counter this with - damage taken (min 20 on armor pieces, preferable 30+) and as much FHR as i can, also all melee need high life pool (armor/jewelry pieces with min 80+ life) and life leach (min 10% from weapon/jewelry).

Also, besides Shield Wall about halfway through buff with Insanity (gives overall Speed, Physical Dmg and % To Hit), then when Shield Wall ends disengage and run, and be sure to drink a life potion to counter Insanity's life drain. If not Fire immune also buff with Sacrifice before Shield Wall. And once cooldown is over repeat 2-3 times, if it's one of those uniqs with high life/AC and some unfortunate modifiers.

As for damage, having some cold is good (usually from Raven Frost, and also from summoning a Sentinel), but physical is most important, so +STR/DEX, +flat damage (30+ something) and % Critical Damage (preferably 40+), all this on the fastest weapon and you have and on jewelry. I presume you already have Cleave on LMB and hit with the occasional Valiant Strike on RMB, Charge to engage and i position myself directly S or N of foe most of the time, i find it safer than when hitting from the sides.

Also potions should all be Full Rejuvenation, from the start i hoard them, the 25+40 from Eldritch Shrine and i always buy all that Pepin has, by the end of Hell difficulty there are at least 4 full pages and almost 2 pages of elixirs that i saved, more than enough to beat Hell, and going into Torment i won't use them anymore because Cathedral/Catacombs arn't that hard and it's good that there are lots of shrines that can be Eldritch.

And the full gold spread on death is because they multi hit and and you get several death blows at once, probably because it can't calculate how much to drop, it is annoying for sure but i always drop gold in stash, and typically i clear and area (not always full level, but until it's safe) and then Telekinesis everything i want, can't be bothered to pick up stuff while killing. :roll: :lol:
Keighn

Post by Keighn »

Poison enchanted=cums when hit...

LOL.

Good grief.