Random questions about mod

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Maelstrome

Post by Maelstrome »

I did not find the fungal tome. If i recall correctly not all quest are available in one play through of the original game. Do quests change in availability when the map is regenerated?
riesa

Post by riesa »

In original game yes, yo have only few quests available in one game but in this mod you have all quests available. So try to look closer for Tome and Murshrooms.
Phenoe

Post by Phenoe »

Here is a random question: About mouse sensitivity.

In all my other games, including the original install of Diablo, the mouse sensitivity is 1 to 1 accurate. However in this mod, the mouse has an ever so slight drag/delay according to the movements I make.

I have disabled Vsync, changed the fps in the mod settings etc, but nothing seems to make a difference. I have the usual Mark Cheese mouse fix installs etc but it only seems to be this mod.

Any ideas? Maybe someone else has experienced this with other older programs?

Thanks all.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

On another mouse related issue. Is there a way to change the delay on mouse auto click response? You can press and hold mouse button for repeat, but is slower than fast clicking. Could there be a windows setting or in-game setting?

You can wear out a finger on Rogue.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Hah! I knew it! For few moments i thought that it's just me and my blindness that see slower autoclick than manuclick! Thanks Ugily ;P
Martim

Post by Martim »

Good to see that other people noticed too. I always had this doubt, so it really is true, manual clicking can be faster. Can this be considered a bug?

@Phenoe
This happened to me too, this was discussed long a go. I experience that mainly after a few hours of play. It looks like this has something to do with the computer's capacity. Have you tried to changing to a lower resolution? Closing other application may also help.
Johnwax

Post by Johnwax »

I'm new to the Forum, as you can see by my sign-in date. However, I have played Diablo and its descenents from year 1. Finding this mod, which lets me p;lay on Windows 7, was wonderful!

In reading the posts on the Forum, I keep finding references to things that I have no clue about. For example - what is '$PLAYER #' ? Or, 'cheat engine' ? Or, 'equipment dupes' ? The dev people did an incredible job with this mod, but did a something-poor job in telling players how to use it. Its almost like, 'here it is! Grab it and growl and work it out yourself'. The gurus on the Forum havew been a godsend, but many of the questions they answer could have beens put in a simple Readme.

(Climbing down from soapbox) -Anyway, thanks for any answers anyone can give.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Cheat engine is a memory editor as far as I can tell. Don't need it. Play the game and enjoy. You will be able to level up and equip yourself easily in the beta 1.045.

Dupes. Some test players have posted their shared.box files here and there. Feel free to test out some of the items. They can be fun to play around with from time to time, but I prefer the challenge of playing the game as-is and equipping my characters through plunder.

Crafting. Once you complete the Anvil quest and discover some crafting scrolls, you will be able to make your own equipment. To hell with all of the shared dupes out there. I will admit that I have used up these dupe files to build up my salvaged crafting materials inventory.

In town, hit ENTER and the communication panel will pop up at the bottom. Type "$PLAYER 1" to "$PLAYER 10" to increase the dungeon monster difficulty level. Hit ENTER. Monsters will be more powerful, and will drop higher level items and more gold.

Have fun. Enjoy.
Daimoth

Post by Daimoth »

Why do items of the same base type have different gambling prices? Is there a difference in terms of possible outcomes?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

The prices of items look the same to me. What is the question again?

Level 1 item Level 2 item

Kite Shield : 26312 Monarch shield : 138872
Quilted Armor : 11320 Serpentskin : 80200
Crown : 20680 Grand Crown : 89800

I do not know if there is a level 3 item.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

Is Belzebub a complete project??
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

Hello, I have a quick question. I have found staff which adds 4 levels of holy bolt spell. Does holy bolt hurt Diablo or Diablo is immune on it?
Obishedo

Post by Obishedo »

Is Belzebub a complete project??
Doubtful Belzebub is closed, now this project have name "Tchernobog" and is suspended!

http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/the-differe ... t1225.html
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Tchernobog will be closed probably.
Obishedo

Post by Obishedo »

Why? This is the end for "Diablo" in HD?