New to Assassin, wanna help?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Liquid

New to Assassin, wanna help?

Post by Liquid »

Hey there, I'm Liquid and just got Diablo to play this mod because i'm interested in the assassin's Class and after play it a while i have some questions:
1- What makes assassin unique? skills maybe but i mean she's a melee rouge, why would i use a melee character if barbarian/warrior are the best for that.
2- how may i aproach this character? should i play it warrior like? what can i do when i'm sorrounded by enemies?
3- which stats should i spend my points? i was thinking like dex, str and vit but maybe magic is important too, some assassin's skills use a lot of mana and have long cooldowns
4- there are times that when i use the stealth skills i got like revealed and i don't understand the reason for that, it feels like a bug because the skill doesn't tell you that you were revealed until you realise that they are hitting you.
Well i think that's enough but if i remember another question i will add or edit, as for me i will keep playing to learn more about the class to contribuite to the assassin users but some help will be very helpfull.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

It is glass cannon melee fighter capable of using magic really well.
Snippao

Post by Snippao »

Hey Guys,

i have this same question (number 4).

Why does my stealth ends? It just ends with no reason... Can some1 help?
Martim

Post by Martim »

I don't know if it is the truth, but it seems that it's harder to hide from bosses. I don't know if it is a coincidence, but it looks like if you are right in front of a enemy and there's light, the enemy will see you. It looks like if you walk on the shadows and/or behind enemies back they don't notice you, and I think this is also valid for bosses.
Does anyone confirms that? or not?

And I believe that you are not talking about the skill time expiration when you say "it just ends with no reason", right?.

EDIT: I did some more tests, and I really couldn't find a pattern... What is the formula to this skill?
Snippao

Post by Snippao »

No, i was not talking about time running out.

Like, i have seen no pattern, its like you are just random seen by the enemy.

And i have seen another weird thing with assassin: When i use Sword + shield i have a LOWER damage/dps than if i was using just a sword (it works with clubs, daggers, etc).

Is it right? Is assassin meant to be like this?
Or a bug?
Martim

Post by Martim »

But there must be a formula to calculate the chances of her being seen. The skill says that it's based on character level.

And yes, I think it's supposed to be like this: when the assassin is not carrying a shield she can do more damage with a one-handed weapon. An advantage for not using a shield.
Snippao

Post by Snippao »

Well,
if we wanna make an assassin stronger for not using a shield then why dont we let her use another one handed weapon?

I think that it would make her the "glass canon" that she was meant to be.

Right now she seems to be more like a "glass" than a "canon"... or am i wrong?
Martim

Post by Martim »

Maybe she's a glass because of vitality (that I don't know yet if it's worth to invest on), but there are skills of her that balances that. Liquid wrote some nice tips on the "Character guides & hints", I don't know if you read them, but they can be very helpful.
POMPyro

Post by POMPyro »

can agree with Snippao
glass = yes
cannon = no

Maleficent dmg is good but all the other abilities need improvement.
For example:
Stealth = breaks very often. Even in normal mode act 1 with clvl32.
Also, Stealth + Dragon Flight sometimes has less dmg than spamming Maleficent out in the open.
Martim

Post by Martim »

Hello! I was trying to play with assassin again, trying to level up e get to torment, before that I was stuck and couldn't pass nightmare difficulty.
So, here's the thing: I tried to use a shield with her, I don't remember the name of it, but it was a unique shield with +20 to all atr. and 10% to cast an immolation when struck, among other enchantments. And it was wierd because because whenever I got struck(or mainly when I was striking a elemental enchanted enemy) there was a massive wave of immolation spells and I would get my hit points to 0 or 1, lose my money as if I died, but still standing, until I die eventually (end of potions).
Then I noticed that this could happen if she is wearing any other shield.
I don't know if I made myself clear enough so that people can relate.

But bottom line is: it seems there's is a bug with assassin and shields. Besides "chance to cast X when struck" making every battle with elemental enchanted enemies too hard.

I searched for any posts regarding this possible bug and couldn't find it. So I thought it was best to post in this already existing thread about assassins.
Does anyone have any additional information or similar experience in this situation?
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Are you using the latest patch? I remember that with the previous version my sorc would also get killed by his own flame wall, but now in the latest version he doesn't get hurt by the flame wall anymore.

It might be that this bug is also happening to you?
MedianXL/Belzebub fanatic
Mnemozin

Post by Mnemozin »

It's not about assassin, it's bugged at least for barbarian too. Encountered it a couple of times while playing with a shield. Haven't managed to make it happen on purpose though.
I'm pretty sure that it has already been reported and it will be fixed in Tchernobog.
Martim

Post by Martim »

Thank you, I wasn't sure if it was reported.
And you're right, that happened to a barb or warrior once or twice. With the assassin just seemed more frequent.
@barbie: I'm using latest patch.
Thanks for the replies.