Excellent mod.. I have some questions.

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Xahn519

Excellent mod.. I have some questions.

Post by Xahn519 »

You guys are creating the greatest action RPG of all time. Excellent work.

I have some questions. Mostly about Multiplayer.

1 - I have heard that multiplayer is being worked on and is not yet finished, and this is the reason why multiplayer is not selectable in the main menu. On these forums, I see people talking about playing with programs such as hamachi. What does this mean? Does this mean multiplayer is officially not selectable, but people have unlocked it by tampering with the mods files and play anyway?

2 - Will this mod have multiplayer included here? Or will a separate mod be created for multiplayer and Beelzebub will remain single player only?

3 - Will all single player quests such as the poisoned water supply, worm cellar, Valor, and Andariel be in Multiplayer?

4 - How does one learn skills? Just by gaining levels?(I am very new)

Sorry for if these questions have been answered already. Keep up the amazing work.
Nikodemsky

Post by Nikodemsky »

1. It's not finished yet. atm it's probably in alpha(non-public) phase, you need to wait for RC/Public release for it.

2. SP/MP are treated as different projects from what i saw, but probably it will be the same mod at the end. But i'm not 100% sure on this ;p

3. Probably yes.

4. Yes, check this thread:
http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/skill-sheet ... -t703.html
radicool

Post by radicool »

I see people talking about playing with programs such as hamachi. What does this mean? Does this mean multiplayer is officially not selectable, but people have unlocked it by tampering with the mods files and play anyway?
Multiplay is not yet available to the public and there are no mods or hacks that allow it. Multiplayer, when released, will enable LAN (local area network). This lets people in the same network to play together. The Hamachi talk is just speculation as to how we can play with others over the internet when multiplayer is released. It's not a concern. Wait until Multiplayer is released before you worry about this sort of stuff.
4 - How does one learn skills? Just by gaining levels?(I am very new)
This is why I suggested skills are viewable in a disabled/greyed out state like how skills are in the Diablo 2 skill tree. I heard the mods have plans to make skill trees, I suppose you could consider it then thats if you ever get around to it, lol.

To clarify, class skills are automatically learnt when you reach a certain level. There are 5 class specific skills for each character. See the thread posted above. Other spells can be found as books which any class can learn given they have the right amount of magic.
amontani

Post by amontani »

when will be released the patch with multiplayer?