Character guides & hints

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Aramoro

Post by Aramoro »

Hello ! I have 2 questions to you guys :)
1. What about staff with elemental drain charges ? Does it has cd ? When I played d1 for last time the staff with apocalypse spell was must have bcoz this spell literaly just pwn all mobs around you.

2. Im fairly new player with rogue. I reached lv 35 so far and Im on last stage of hell atm (diablo chamber) and I dont feel strong enought to complete all those bosses :P <shame> :roll: Can you tell me which statistics I should pay attention to ?

Greetings
Aramoro
rightclick

Post by rightclick »

how come i can't find the quote button anymore?

baboun: seems mana is your only weakness. how much ML do you have? your mana is only about half as much as mine. if you don't have enough mana leech then you probably won't be able to spam teleport so much as i do. also i think the crit buff of hearthseeker beats the piercing of buriza on hard targets.

Aramoro: yes 35 is a little low to clear hell. you can't even equip hearthseeker. without the crit buff it's hard to stunlock those monsters.
baboun

Post by baboun »

how come i can't find the quote button anymore?
Manual quote ftw

i got 5% ML from the +5 Golem ring, the second is only to precast golem, its not enough to maintain always full mana yes, but it's "ok"

I think hearthseeker bonus is also quite better indeed, 2x more leech and even more life
Psojed

Post by Psojed »

Well, your armor is never high enough :D

If you cannot avoid the first damage spells, you have to get hit recovery and high resistances to survive them and avoid the next.
baboun

Post by baboun »

If you cannot avoid the first damage spells, you have to get hit recovery and high resistances to survive them and avoid the next.
Do you even think before posting ?

FHR is useless on Rogue, and i have pretty much the best resist i can get with my gear, so please enlight how i can get better resist and AC , oh please...
Psojed

Post by Psojed »

I could ask you the same thing baboun.

rightclick already told you that you need to teleport around more to avoid getting hit. If you fail at avoiding and you get hit, there are two options:
1) You die. Oneshot. In this case YES, FHR is useless.

2) You survive the first hit. In this case, your character goes into hit recovery animation, so here FHR is required to survive. If you don't have any FHR, you will probably get hit a second time.

Care to explain why do you think FHR is useless?

PS: I said "spells" in the previous post, because you have a chance to avoid default monster attacks with armor too.
baboun

Post by baboun »

It's pretty easy to explain.

There are low hits that you can tank while shooting, meaning you hit enough targets so that your LL overcomes the dmg you take, and there are hits that you cant tank at all.
By the way, iirc FHR anim only apply if you lose 1/8 of your current HP
I mean there is no chance in the second situation, yes i can play better for sure tho. lol

E : I beated Hell Diablo finally, only 1 death on a Light enchanted mob

Already died once on the same light mob at lvl 1 Torment, LOL the mob density is insane :D
POMPyro

Post by POMPyro »

When I played d1 for last time the staff with apocalypse spell was must have
There is set items that spawn with random skills & can spawn with apocolypse. Similar to Ormus robe from Diablo II. Even better if you happen to find the book. This drop today after long time searching:

Im fairly new player with rogue. Can you tell me which statistics I should pay attention to
If you don't use golem should be all dex. I put some in magic for guardian & for teleporting but am not sure if this is ideal. One other tip, both strength & dex increase base dmg but only dex increase class skill dmg.
Sajonara

Post by Sajonara »

whats the point of adding everything into vitality on necromancer?
it only affects yours + skeletons hp(doesn't affect revive), and only problem i had on hell/torment wasn't that but my dps vs toughest bosses.
imo i would rather split stat distribution between magic/vitality (1:3 or smth like that) and try to max out few spells. - 15lvl+ CL and staff with 20-30 low. resistances helps a lot.
BABA

Post by BABA »

By the way,
Here is a play barbarian defeat torment diablo in 1 minute.
http://youtu.be/DBtV-5fWNRw
Last edited by BABA on 16 Nov, 2014 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Here is a play barbarian defeat torment diablo in 1 minute.
Nice! Now only thing left for your barb is to play there on increased monster power :)
BABA

Post by BABA »

Nice! Now only thing left for your barb is to play there on increased monster power Smile
Thanks, I am interested in playing assassin now.
Coronary

how to fight The Smith at Anvil of Fury?

Post by Coronary »

Many thanks to Ogodei for this: Risen Hero (protecting Arkaine's Valor) crushed me. Using Holy Bolt on him let me win the rematch. Now, how can I fight The Smith who guards the Anvil of Fury on lvl 10 ? He's fast and strong, smashed my Golem with one blow, chased me down and killed me hard... several times. Is there some trick to fighting this guy? Help! (and thanks)
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

Hey, which class are you playing? I play with Necromancer and Sorceror, and, to fight against the Smith, I use the following tactics :

A) With Sorceror, I just use Golem as a tank, Teleport and a spell which can damage him (if you're playing at normal / nightmare difficulty, Lightning should be ok to kill him in a few seconds, otherwise, if he's immune to Lightning, Blizzard, Bone Spirit, Blood Star and Fireball should work well)

B) With Necromancer, depending on his boni, it could be more difficult, since it might happen that he has Magic immunity + Behemoth, and therefore almost impossible to kill (I wish that revived monsters will be permanent in the final MP version for this reason aswell :p). If you encounter a Behemoth + Magic Immune (or + Lightning Enchanted) Smith , just restart the game and hope that you meet him weaker next time.
If he doesn't have any of these boni, just strike him with Liightning or Bone Spirit while your skeletons and golem (an possibly revived monsters) tank him.

C?) I never played as a Rogue in Belzebub, but I'd guess that the Teleport + Shoot tactic could work. Maybe if you don't have some spells yet, you can just skip the Smith and fight him again when you're stronger.

Anyway, before activating him by approaching the Anvil of Fury, make sure that the surrounding area is completely cleared. Other monsters can prove troublesome if you're focused on hitting and fleeing from the Smith (inflicting you extra damages... blocking your path... things like these).

I hope these small suggestions will be useful to you :)
Happy playing!