rathma's pastoral

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
alsok

rathma's pastoral

Post by alsok »

hello. i find this stuff.
but i have a problemm. all spell penetration "-29%"
it's bug.
see
can you say me anything about it?
Last edited by alsok on 18 Jun, 2014 14:52, edited 2 times in total.
Joziff

Post by Joziff »

Why you think its a bug? Its very nice staff :wink: . Im finding now tal rashas set have only crown and belt.

Also how and where did you drop it? Seems hell but MP and diff?
alsok

Post by alsok »

Joziff wrote:Why you think its a bug? Its very nice staff :wink: . Im finding now tal rashas set have only crown and belt.
this stuff for example has "+49" and it's blue color
Joziff

Post by Joziff »

Sure but only fire so tell me what you think is wrong ?

Edit: Sorry you mean why all stats have red color instead of blue. Agree its a little bug because instead of increasing penetration it decreasing penetration. Does it function well or not ? Because there is reduces target resistances co it should increase penetration.
alsok

Post by alsok »

Joziff wrote:Does it function well or not ? Because there is reduces target resistances co it should increase penetration.
now i can tell you what:

rathma's staff increase penetration. yes, it's bug.
need "-29", but now "+29"
all others staff and items have "-%" penetration.

ps. yeah it's set must be awesome =)
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

Apart from the topic: I really think it would be better to turn down spell damage rather than having triple / quadriple immunities and obligatory staves with -enemy resistance.
Last edited by SlapZ on 20 Jun, 2014 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

There is plan to rebalance whole game when multiplayer is done to values closer to original diablo1. It hasn't been balanced yet at any point. All stat values are just "guesses". :)

In my opinion current spell system is very flawed. It's required to redo all the formulas or implement something similar to diablo 2 skill trees. I would like spell damage to be more linked with player items other then just spell books.
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

BrightLord wrote:There is plan to rebalance whole game when multiplayer is done to values closer to original diablo1. It hasn't been balanced yet at any point. All stat values are just "guesses". :)

In my opinion current spell system is very flawed. It's required to redo all the formulas or implement something similar to diablo 2 skill trees. I would like spell damage to be more linked with player items other then just spell books.
Actually, I love the dualistic system of active abilities in Belzebub:
Not only skills, not only spells, but BOTH.

Perhaps skills and spells need tweaking, but throwing them all into D2-like skilltree would spoil the essence of D1 imho. And it still wouldn't solve balancing problems.
Sabranan

Post by Sabranan »

SlapZ wrote:Perhaps skills and spells need tweaking, but throwing them all into D2-like skilltree would spoil the essence of D1 imho. And it still wouldn't solve balancing problems.
I agree, I wouldn't mind a synergy system and/or boosts to spellpower from items (we already pretty much have this though in the form of penetration and attrib bonuses).

But I think spells in a D2 style tree form or being mostly dependant on having good items is a big mistake. Being able to aquire any spell from a book at any time (dependant on attributes) is a core part of D1. While the balancing can and should be changed, the actual structure should remain as it is.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Sabranan wrote: I agree, I wouldn't mind a synergy system and/or boosts to spellpower from items (we already pretty much have this though in the form of penetration and attrib bonuses).
That's funny... Something about an hour ago, after 8h session of playing sorc i have same idea that synergies would be usefull. But I'm playing hell now and someone killed diadlo even on torment with sorc so maybe I'm just noob xD But... Items (Staves only) have both - mobs res reduction and boost to spellpower too, so this is already done.