problem starting the mod

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
pijani

problem starting the mod

Post by pijani »

Hi guys. I;ve just downloaded the mod (and the game, I think my original CD is so scratched it will not work, if I manage to find it :)

This was my first PC game that I played alone, and it was an inspiration, I remember hours upon hours playing it on my friends PC in his basement during nights (because he was using PC during day:)

The game was a source of endles inspirations, and in my book a adventuring party end up going into the church and batling monsters and other adventures parties to find something

Anyway, I would love to try the new mod, but I have problems starting the game

Maybe someone can guide me trough the proces, msg I get is :
"|file not found error
program requires "data.mpq" to run

I am using Windows 10, so the ISO is automaticly mounted (I can access), I installed Diablon on root (C: Diablo) and I copied all the files from Belzebub zip into that folder - I also copied diabat file from virtual drive to root folder (if the root folder is C:/Diablo, or Diablo folder in root of drive C, which is where my windows is instaled)

So, what is the solution? Thank you :)

Sorry if this was alrweady answered, I see this forum has ton of pages

Edit: extra info: I've donwloaded "Release1045" file which is 32.2 Mb large, inside there are 16 files, and I have the file that msg say it is missing, it is copied in the root of Diablo folder, size 4.11 Mb

Thank you
Last edited by pijani on 22 Sep, 2018 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
pijani

Post by pijani »

I found this:
http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/installatio ... -t670.html

don;t get the solution, and the file from link is not online anymore, so, no solution yet
pijani

Post by pijani »

I actually have and see data.mpq file, it is 4.11 Mb large - but when I click Beelzebub exe file I am getting the same msg (from my first post)

...I am out of options, although I bet the solution is something simple, like copy this there and you are ok :)

In any case, I am looking forward in replaying Diablo after so many years, and I have a whole day free for that - so sooner I manage this, more time I will have for fun :)
pijani

Post by pijani »

PROBLEM SOLVED

This is how: I didn;t extrac't the zip, I opened it and then copy paste the files. Then I read this:
"data.mpq is part of the mod's files, are you sure you extracted it correctly (including folder names) ?

Looks like it is expected to be found under ".\Data\game_data", it will give the error message you mentionned if the provided MPQs are in the same directory as the .exe (unlike diabdat.mpq which should be with the .exe)
"

From member Constance (thank you:)
here is th elink to topic:
http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/installatio ... -t670.html

So I extracted the zip file into Diablo root folder and it works now

Thank you all :)