About crafting

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Elminster

About crafting

Post by Elminster »

Hey guys, I am playing a sorcerer that is 43, I'm about to fight lazarus in hell, and I would like to know if it is worth to make some craft at this point of the game, or should I save comonents and wait for torment's crafts?

By the way really great mod, thanks to the developpers, is there anyway to give you a few euros for all that work?
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

It depens on which skills you're using. T4 crafting recipes for mage give bonuses to page 5 spells, T3 gives them to page 4 spells. I think it is more efficient to save for better recipes unless you desperately need an upgrade right now. If you got to Hell Lazarus as a sorcerer, you probably don't need much upgrades until Torment. You should try those fights at least once before you can tell how it feels to fight certain bosses with your current power level. Though if you need crafted gear to upgrade your spell levels by reading books with higher MAG requirement - it is probably a good idea.

And considering donations, IIRC, BrightLord does not accept them. (If he would, though, I think there would be a chance to crowdfund a month of his work so he could finish the mod or fix some obnoxious bugs in Tcherno at the very least)
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Elminster

Post by Elminster »

Ok thank you for the answer, I killed Diablo and it was not too hard. So yes, I am going to try torment a bit on my next session :-)

PS: are crafts listed anywhere?
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Here's a screenshot I snatched somewhere here on forums.

Ugily

Post by Ugily »

What does blue/green stand for?

Blue Torment only?
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

no idea, I can't even remember where exactly I got it

I think that was probably guy marking ones that he has or has not found
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

@Miacis
That spread-sheet is from andronnik's post perhaps.

<How many recipes exist?>
http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/how-many-re ... t1508.html

And then that sheet seems ...
green cell -> he(andronnik) got already.
blue cell -> he haven't yet.
gray cell -> there's no exist.

From my experience, we can find all highest tier crafts in hell/hell except Fanatic/Ritualist.
(I think Fanatic/Ritualist are little rare than other highest tier recipes in Belzebub)
Elminster

Post by Elminster »

Thank you guys and yes Miso I found your post on Tchernobog's forum I think with the full list, and it looked more understandable to me.
By the way, do you know how the "class weapon speed" thing actually works? Eg, if I want to use a maul with my barb, I would have an attack speed malus compared to using an axe?
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Different characters have different "weapon preferences", as I call them. Different bases of weapons within each weapon type also have different attack speed. Overall attack speed is the result of weapon preference + base attack speed.

For example, Scimitar (and some other bases) is fastest 1-handed sword. If you use it on Warrior or Barb, your attack will be "very fast". But if you use it on Sorcerer, your attack speed will be "fast" due to sorcerer does not prefer using weapons to start with.

Warrior and Barbarian has same weapon preference which is melee weapons, Rogue prefers bows, Assassin is like jack of all trades.

Same goes with spell cast speed, Sorcerer would be the fastest casting class, followed by Necromancer, Assassin, Rogue and then Warrior with Barb being the slowest.
Elminster

Post by Elminster »

Ok it's more simple than I thought, thanks