Chernobog's Claw is useless?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
tanis83

Post by tanis83 »

I think we all understand your point of view @Hassadar and there's nothing wrong with it. You really want to go "by the book" here and just accept everything as is. I'm okay with that.

I, on the other hand think differently. It's not black & white for me. Just think about community patches for a moment. They also modify the vanilla game and not just to fix bugs, but in many cases to adjust the game balance / add powerful items / add character stashes. Of course, it's up to you whether you install the patch or not, but if you do so, is that considered cheating?

BTW, I've been a developer for more than 10 years. Using a disassembler is still a very common tool in my toolset because of debugging legacy 3rd party components. The companies who created those things don't even exist today and of course we don't have the source code. There can be so many reasons why the sources are not disclosed, we shall not make any assumptions about that.
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

I do get your point, and I'm not saying your a cheater ass leave me alone or anything. I really wanna put out that I don't have any beef with you.
That being said, I still think there's a difference between putting a patch out and modyfing for yourself.
I am developer too and I do also use these tools on special occasions, but honestly, using it for a game...I don't know....

But let's just stop here, I get you, I think differently but that doesn't mean I personally don't like you for that.
On a side note, I'd really loved to get into working on belzebubb....