Resistances of monsters.

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
maciek

Resistances of monsters.

Post by maciek »

Hello,

what are the actual resistances of monsters in belzebub at torment?
In the latest tchernobog it says monsters resists are capped at 125%,
how are they in belzebub?

I ask because i want to play sorcerer but people say hes screwed in torment because of enemy resists.
Lanthanide

Post by Lanthanide »

I don't know the number for sure (I might be able to have a look tonight), but I think saying "capped" at 125% is misleading.

If you saw in my other post, I encountered a skeleton boss (base is 'immune magic') in torment who was arcane enchanted, and even with something like -60% magic resistance, from elemental drain and my staff, bone spirit wouldn't scratch it.

I think the base monsters might go no higher than 125%, but the extra 'enchanted' modifiers for bosses can then stack on top.
maciek

Post by maciek »

Ok, so enchanted monsters can go higher than 125%in belzebub , but i was talking about tchernobog - latest version 0.1.1 specifically says monster resistances are capped - are there also enchanted monsters that go higher than this?

Still i would like to know if basic non enchanted monsters have their resistances capped in BELZEBUB and generally what are the numbers.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Enchanted means +100% resistance to certain element (and other things depending on element) on top of whatever the monsters has, also all monster base resistances increase by 25% per each difficulty. I have the code for monsters and can look each one up, was even supposed to help Noktis make a bestiary page here on site. But since BrightLord returned to work on the project and Tchernobog will in the future include quests and other things, there is not much point, Belzebub will be taken down once Tchernobog advances in development.
maciek

Post by maciek »

I am confused.

Then what does it mean in tchernobog(not belzebub) changelog:
- Monster immunity should be easier to remove with target resistances reducing items [125% cap]

It would be best if you could tell me an example of resistances of some normal mob from torment difficulty in belzebub, and then to compare it with that monster in tchernobog.

Edit:
cmon, i need to know where i should roll my sorcerer, in belzebub or in tchernobog.
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

Where is the bestiary of Noktis?