what is the diference ? (Belzebub,Tchernobog)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
psychosocial

what is the diference ? (Belzebub,Tchernobog)

Post by psychosocial »

hi guys, i play Belzebub and a like to know what is the diference between the two, becose i see some videos and they look the same to me :P

thankyou!
Nikodemsky

Post by Nikodemsky »

Beelzebub - playable single player with noticable number of possible bugs.
Tchernobog - multiplayer with disabled quests and probably many other things along with bugs.

Both projects are stopped, in case you wondering.
LastSaga

Post by LastSaga »

Why are they stopped they looked like they were doing so well.
Yo wats uppppp
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Are you sure they stopped? I read on the MedianXL forums that Tchernobog is being continued?..
MedianXL/Belzebub fanatic
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I think you read that somewhere else, i follow mxl forum more then this forum and i would have cleared it out there as well if there was confusion. So to be clear it is true, development has stopped for over 2 years now, there are no plans for resumption, BrightLord (the modder) is busy irl and has no desire to develop it further, frankly with his skills he could just make a new game if he had the help of gfx artists, writers and the whole shebang, but anyway he has passed on Tchernbog source code to freeablo developer, some ppl think this is good, i think nothing will come from this and if anything will it's not gonna be more than we already have, but i hope i am wrong and i have a surprise in a few years with freeablo project. And Belzebub source code is never gonna be released. So this is it, enjoy the game!

And to be on-topic the main differences are Barbarian Whirlwind skill instead of Cleave (which was a place holder from the beginning), skills don't cost mana for fighter characters (so only Sorcerer and Necromancer skills still use mana), Cain can identify all items and other changes to his screen, more shares stash space. And other stuff are the result of incompleteness or bugs, no quests, no special areas opened, spell levels can go over 15, no 4th difficulty since this was supposed to be another thing entirely, various crashes, etc. I can't remember it all anyway but you get the idea. For the full experience Belzebub is the way to go, for some occasional fun with friends for the sake of lan party nostalgia then you can level your character in Tchernobog and and kill monsters.