What are the most useful items?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Jarring

What are the most useful items?

Post by Jarring »

Other than the main weapon that is..

For me, nothing has stood out as much as Rod of Onan. I had been looking forward to getting one for the longest time, and I even had a +2 skill with cast speed and golem charges in my weapon switch until I got it.. Main problem with that one was how little charges it had. Finding a similar one with as many charges as Rod of Onan would be pretty rare, nevermind all the +skills to golem.

It's so nice to just be able to switch and cast your golem without exhausting all of your MP. It doesn't really take up that much extra time to switch in the middle of a fight.. Mostly I just love being able to cast it without having to worry about the expensive mana cost. the +7 skill to golem helps a lot too.

Especially cuz i somehow missed out on 2 of the golem quests.. IDK how it happened, I killed everything in the correct order.. The only thing I can imagine that happened is that maybe it needs to be completed in the game that you start the quest. I might have started the quest without actually going inside the sanctum for 2 of the difficulties, and that might have gimped me. Oh well.. I also really wanted the ring with +skills to golem, but i still haven't found one and idk how much i really need it at this point. It would have to replace a dual leech ring i've come to rely on heavily. 6/6 dual leech, 163 total resistance 65 HP and 26 crit damage. that +5 skills would REALLY have to be worth it for me to want to try and replace that. IDK. Let me know what you think about it.

And tell me what the most useful items in the game are!
Ugily

Re: What are the most useful items?

Post by Ugily »

For my game play to date:

Warrior: Iratha Set with Thunderlord set. Rings for max resist, added stats, and mana/life leach. Useless in Torment where my warrior is starting.
Assassin: Trang-Oul set with Fanatic rings and Cat Eye amulet, Viz Jaq belt
Necromancer: Rathma set, Skull Collector staff. Kaleidoscope amulet
Barbarian: Viz Jaq Tar set with Giant Skull, Cat Eye amulet, rings with max resist and stats and crit
Rogue: Mavina helm and belt, Ceremonial armor, Heart Seeker bow, Seriaph amulet, rings with max resist, stats, and crits. Rod of Onan.
Sorcerer: Harridan's set with Chain Lightning. Spell Weaver Ring, amulet, belt with max stats, resists, + Chain Lightning on each. Khazara ring with +Chain Lightning. - this character has not finished Hell difficulty yet but could take on Terror Domaine anytime
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Ugily wrote: 03 Sep, 2020 21:20 For my game play to date:

Warrior: Iratha Set with Thunderlord set. Rings for max resist, added stats, and mana/life leach. Useless in Torment where my warrior is starting.
Barbarian: Viz Jaq Tar set with Giant Skull, Cat Eye amulet, rings with max resist and stats and crit
Rogue: Mavina helm and belt, Ceremonial armor, Heart Seeker bow, Seriaph amulet, rings with max resist, stats, and crits. Rod of Onan.
Sorcerer: Harridan's set with Chain Lightning. Spell Weaver Ring, amulet, belt with max stats, resists, + Chain Lightning on each. Khazara ring with +Chain Lightning. - this character has not finished Hell difficulty yet but could take on Terror Domaine anytime
Whats the DPS on ur rogue geared like this? Im currently using same gear except for chestpiece - its dragonslayer with 20% IAS - and for belt - im using fanatics belt. Rings are also fanatics. Raw DPS is 6100. Why would u use Ceremonial mail instead of Dragonslayer? It has less IAS and reduces HP.
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

all this stuff you got kind of makes me feel like a newb lol. All my rogue is wearing is a good hearthseeker/dragonslayer's cage.. rest are rares. I think i got lucky with my armor drops.. I got both Battlemaster's + Dragonslayer's really early.. Dragonslayer's Cage dropped on first rogue playthrough of lvl 13 Torment, as if it were destiny lmao. Right when I needed it most. rolled 20% AS 14% Max res and been wearing it ever since. The Battlemaster's is good too, but I like the life/max res dragonslayer's brings as I don't have any other items with AS worth using/without major drawbacks. I have Mav armor, but i haven't yet found any of the other pieces yet. I just found my second Tal's amulet with +1 skills -_-;

I find Iratha set is useful for leveling all of the physical dps characters...normally I skip out on the armor with Swashbuckler's in its place unless on rogue. Shitload of dex from that set.
My favorite leveling melee weapons are: The Black Razor and Shadowhawk. Both are so very good. Zakarumite's Ceremonial Knife is ok too I guess :P

Also is there any benefit to using Thunderlord's or Trang'Oul's over something like the Fang of Cerberus? I found that one recently, and I've had Thunderlord's for quite a while, but I wasn't convinced it would be good. I was more confident in Fang of Cerberus... to me it seems like the best weapon until 50.

Oh and just wondering, is Hearthseeker a typo in the game? Is it supposed to be Heart Seeker like everyone calls it here? lmao. I see in the item lists on the main page it says "Heartseeker" I wonder which one is the typo :P
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

D1sfigur3d wrote: 03 Sep, 2020 22:13

Whats the DPS on ur rogue geared like this? Im currently using same gear except for chestpiece - its dragonslayer with 20% IAS - and for belt - im using fanatics belt. Rings are also fanatics. Raw DPS is 6100. Why would u use Ceremonial mail instead of Dragonslayer? It has less IAS and reduces HP.
gatdamn.. My hearthseeker is near perfect and I don't do even close to that damage. btw i assume he's using ceremonial because he hasn't found dragonslayer's or battlemaster's yet. I agree on ceremonial though, thing is really bad imho. the neg on HP is way too much of a drawback for me..by the time i found one I had been using battlemaster's for the longest time without a problem and saw no reason to swap it out. I've already salvaged several of them lol.

I do have over 100 mf though.. I'm sacrificing a lot of DPS for MF atm.. i can get KIND of close to that if I swap out MF gear for DPS, but with MF i'm like half that lmao. 4.1k with the elixirs on. idk what i'd swap to pure DPS, but I seriously doubt I'd reach 6k. I think last I checked I was knocking on 5k idk.

at 4.8k with mf and elixirs now.. I like to have some breathing room with my mana too so I can teleport around without having to spam pots. idk it's hard for me to want to min/max just dps. I'm sitting pretty good at 4.8k tho.. IDK I'd like to have more life, but I'm fine atm with 650hp/300mp.. all max res cept for cold, which is worthless to max imho as ranged.. if I get hit with cold it's game over anyways. i don't feel like wearing half freeze or cannot be frozen for such a small instance.. if i get cold necros on floor 16 i just remake lol..

I still haven't found any of the fanatics cept for mail and belt. I got a meh mf fanat belt..i wasted 100 boxes on the belt and nothing good came out of it. already have 100% crit though, so idk how bad i want one. but meh haven't found the recipes yet anyways. I think next time I'd want to farm up a shitload of boxes before i try crafting. better luck in bigger numbers. shitty luck in same numbers drawn out over longer period of time.

Just hit lvl 55.. :|
Last edited by Jarring on 05 Sep, 2020 13:28, edited 2 times in total.
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

omgz i just found a spire of aranoch from the first unique wyrm on the way to forgotten treasure chests. This is a good staff right? It's what people look for? I'm hoping for -44 fire resist, I haven't identified it yet. I know it's Spire though because it's lvl 49 requirement.. if it was another Chromatic Ire, it'd be 50. Wish me luck on rolls! In spirit cuz I know no one is here but me atm :P

Update: 9+ attributes +22% spellpower -37% Fire resist +24% Max Fire Resist 20% Mana Absorption...meh. Still a great drop. Btw it came with a Dragon's Breach.. All just ON THE WAY to the chests.. I got a bunch of unique monsters this time around.. at least 10 of them. Normally there's no less than 5, but sometimes there's a shitload which is super nice. I like to clear the beasts in the cave of the Forgotten Treasure personally, mainly because doing it just for the chests or chests+sorcs would be monotonous and I feel like I'd get bored of the game a lot quicker if I did it that way. Just me personally, I know not everyone feels the the same way. + I've never gotten anything good from the chests anyways, sorcs yeah, but not chests.. still feel like it's definitely worth doing though either way. Very good run to do.